Is our generation capable of pathos without auto-irony?

Started by Martinus, September 13, 2011, 05:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zoupa

Razgovory

Quote from: Zoupa on September 13, 2011, 10:31:09 PM
But he has no empathy.

This is true.   :(  I have a very difficult time understanding people's emotions and the like.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2011, 10:11:35 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 13, 2011, 09:53:09 AM
I wonder if being gay has played a role in this for me since it makes me an outsider to a degree in most such cases.

<_<

Well, he doesn't do assplay, so that eliminates insider, now doesn't it?

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on September 13, 2011, 03:33:37 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 13, 2011, 02:52:55 PM
For the record, I am not "practicing detachment" like Grallon. I have always wanted to keep moved by grand ritual - I enjoy music, emotionally, for this very reason, and I have tried several religions in the past - but except for the art, I have always got bored very quickly.

Perhaps you should practice a little then  - it might add depth to your experiences...

G.

I am - that's why I decided to get a piano for my new flat. I will be able to practice music again, like many years ago. :)

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 13, 2011, 10:54:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2011, 10:11:35 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 13, 2011, 09:53:09 AM
I wonder if being gay has played a role in this for me since it makes me an outsider to a degree in most such cases.

<_<

Well, he doesn't do assplay, so that eliminates insider, now doesn't it?

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.