News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pre-school for kids: does it really work?

Started by viper37, September 09, 2011, 02:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 12, 2011, 07:06:55 PM
Knowing in advance which bitches were going to break your heart and when would be very useful.  :menace:

I would use my foreknowledge to get so much ass.  Well, money, then ass.

I could live with everyone hating me for being weird.  It wouldn't matter, because I would have Harvard-quality grades, and I could predict 9/11, the housing bubble, and things like Facebook and google.  At that point, I could buy friends.

The problem is that I would be too young to make mad money from the dot-com bubble, although if I colluded with my father I might be able to acquire the capital necessary.  I think it'd be pretty easy to convince him: at the age of five predicting the Bush and Clinton presidencies, the reunion of Germany, the breakup of Yugoslavia, the fall of the Soviet Union, the invasion of Kuwait, and devolution in Scotland, would probably be sufficient to convince him I knew my shit.  He might be upset that I will have effectively murdered his son, though, by inhabiting his tiny child brain, but whatever.  Ideologue Redux is better than the original cut.

I'd probably never even meet Korea, since meeting her relied on continuing personal failure from 2000-2004.  I might do something to help her out of her terrible home life, though, out of sentimentality.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

I`ve had the same fantasy.
Which yes, no doubt I would screw up, but hey, at least I`d do better at school.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2011, 07:23:57 PM
Knowing in advance which bitches were going to break your heart and when would be very useful.  :menace:

I could live with everyone hating me for being weird.  It wouldn't matter, because I would have Harvard-quality grades, and I could predict 9/11, the housing bubble, and things like Facebook and google.  At that point, I could buy friends.

The problem is that I would be too young to make mad money from the dot-com bubble, although if I colluded with my father I might be able to acquire the capital necessary.  I think it'd be pretty easy to convince him: at the age of five predicting the Bush and Clinton presidencies, the reunion of Germany, the breakup of Yugoslavia, the fall of the Soviet Union, the invasion of Kuwait, and devolution in Scotland, would probably be sufficient to convince him I knew my shit.  He might be upset that I will have effectively murdered his son, though, by inhabiting his tiny child brain, but whatever.  Ideologue Redux is better than the original cut.

I'd probably never even meet Korea, since meeting her relied on continuing personal failure from 2000-2004.  I might do something to help her out of her terrible home life, though, out of sentimentality.

Ah, you want to combine being a kid again with time travel, as opposed to being a child again in 2011.

sbr

Quote from: dps on September 12, 2011, 07:56:39 PM

Ah, you want to combine being a kid again with time travel, as opposed to being a child again in 2011.

Why would anyone want to be a kid in 2011?  Everyone's parents have gotten WAY too strict.

Ideologue

Quote from: dps on September 12, 2011, 07:56:39 PM

Yeah, although to be honest I would definitely take a Magneto-esque de-aging as a consolation prize.  That's twenty years of extra life, plus I could expect a great deal of media attention, which presumably would translate into money or at least more opportunities.

I guess I'd have to live with not getting laid again for at least nine years, but without adult-level testosterone production, that storm is probably weatherable.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2011, 08:30:30 PM
I guess I'd have to live with not getting laid again for at least nine years, but without adult-level testosterone production, that storm is probably weatherable.

Well, Grallon could probably solve that problem for you.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius