Do You Still Use Any College Freebie Toiletries?

Started by Admiral Yi, September 09, 2011, 08:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2011, 10:53:17 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 10, 2011, 01:56:54 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2011, 12:54:52 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 09, 2011, 10:17:42 PM
I use women's shaving cream Korea left behind.  Waste not, want not.  It smells nice.

Do you wear clothing that she left behind too?

That's silly.  Obviously they wouldn't fit.

Neither does ladies' shaving cream.

There isn't an iota of functional difference between the two products except one is dyed pink and is faintly perfumed.  Don't be ridiculous.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

PRC

Interesting you should post this as I happened to find myself at the University of Calgary today and I took about 10 "Irish Spring" deodorants from some girls handing them out for free.

Gaijin de Moscu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 09, 2011, 08:42:20 PM
First of all, do any of you ROTWers get this?  A small box of usually sample size toiletries, given free by the manufacturers in order to entice emerging brand loyalty, when you're an incoming freshman at university.

It struck me while I was shaving that I have been a life-long user of two items in the freebie box: Edge shaving gel and Speed Stick deoderant.  Aqua Velva, not so much.

I got army issue everything. One brand: made in the Russian jails...

I recall using shoes for a long time after the college. They were nice and sturdy. But they don't sell them, so I couldn't develop my brand loyalty.

OttoVonBismarck

I don't know that USMA gives out rubbers even in this modern 2011 world we live in...

I received a Gilette shaving kit when I hit 18, but it came in the mail to my parents house.

Camerus

I lived at home in university, and never got anything like that.

Generally speaking, when it comes to toiletries and household products, once I buy and am satisfied with a particular brand, I will just keep buying it until doomsday.  So, I have used many of the same brands now for a long time.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Ideologue on September 10, 2011, 01:56:54 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2011, 12:54:52 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 09, 2011, 10:17:42 PM
I use women's shaving cream Korea left behind.  Waste not, want not.  It smells nice.

Do you wear clothing that she left behind too?

That's silly.  Obviously they wouldn't fit.

But they bind deliciously...