Obama
10 (27%)
Hillary
24 (64.9%)
Jaromney
3 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

DGuller

It's easy to say that Hillary would do better than Obama, just because Obama proved to be so inept at handling frothing Republicans, but Hillary didn't get a chance to show what she would've done in his place.  I also think it would be unfair to penalize Obama for being black, and it's his being black that inspired so much of pure insanity from the right.  I also think that a president should be a good manager, and mismanaging your primary campaign is not a sign of being a good manager.

Fate

Quote from: Caliga on September 09, 2011, 04:57:48 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2011, 12:11:44 AM
Hillary was the right choice then, and she's the right choice now.
:yes:  You, me, and garbo all said it repeatedly at the time, too. :smarty:

Garbo is a self loathing GOPtard. What's with the Hillary fetishism?

Anyway. Obama then, Obama now, Obama forever.  :cool:

KRonn

Hillary. I didn't like her but that was a while ago, before she was a Senator. During the Presidential run of 2008 I would have preferred her over Obama.

garbon

I am not amused by this thread.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2011, 10:57:23 AM
I am not amused by this thread.

Sorry man.  From now on I will heed your advice in all political things.

Unless you back Perry.  Then you are dead to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2011, 12:11:44 AM
Hillary was the right choice then, and she's the right choice now.

Raciss.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on September 09, 2011, 01:21:56 AM
Black Messiah losing some luster..Eh. Where are all the believers now... "Yes We Can, Yes We Can" :lmfao:. You all drank the Kool-Aid so choke on it.

Hillary would do no better. It's the whole system not just one person...Sods

You know, it's not like I suddenly wish I'd voted for McCain.

I'd vote for Kucinich over any Republican.

And to be honest, I don't necessarily believe that Clinton would've done a better job.  Obama's problems have largely been external to himself, although he might have handled them with more strength.  Basically, if I had the option to redo, I'd go with Clinton just to see what happened.  It's unlikely to be worse.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on September 09, 2011, 01:21:56 AM
Black Messiah losing some luster..Eh.
Black Messiah?  :lmfao:    Man, you bought more than was being sold!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grallon

Hillary with Obama as VP.

I really thought he would prove more decisive than he did - so far.  Being willing to compromise, to meet the opposition somewhere in the middle is wise, except when you're facing zealots dead set on refusing any ouvertures you might make - about any subject on the agenda.

And in hindsight burning all his political capital on a watered down healthcare reform was a huge mistake.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on September 09, 2011, 01:27:35 AM
I wonder how that "Black Messiah", thing got started in conservative circles. 

I think Hillary herself had a hand in that.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/24/clinton-turns-from-anger-to-sarcasm/

QuoteI think it had to do with that Jesus Camp movie.  The film of children praying to a cardboard cutout of GWB disturbed a lot of conservatives and they felt the need to project it back on their enemies.

You'd like to think that, I'm sure.  Most of us didn't pay much attention to the movie, either way.

MadImmortalMan

It's pretty obvious where the messiah crap came from, isn't it? I mean seriously.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Anyway, the true messiach was John Edwards.  And, as might be expected, you people crucified him because you knew not what you did. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Obama.

Edit:  Of course the real answer is Biden :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on September 09, 2011, 12:25:52 PM
Anyway, the true messiach was John Edwards.  And, as might be expected, you people crucified him because you knew not what you did. :(

'ol Johnny boy is gonna get poked in the ass a lot pretty soon.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive