Incident Location:
Unspecified Location
Washington, DC
United States
** Precise coordinates unavailable

Incident: Advisory
Incident Type: Homeland Security Advisory
Severity: Moderate
When this Happened: 09/08/2011 08:01 PM EDT (09/08/2011 05:01 PM PDT)

Description:
Media sources indicate that counter-terrorism officials are investigating reportedly credible threats that three individuals - including one American citizen - may have deployed in New York or Wasington, DC with the intention of launching a car bomb attack in one of those two cities around the 10-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks this weekend.

The intelligence about this threat was reportedly derived from sources in Afghanistan and tribal areas of Pakistan. 

There are reports that officials were searching for two rental trucks associated with the threat - one from the Penske company and another from Budget.  The search area for these two vehicles is reportedly nationwide in scope, but the trucks reportedly originated from a location in Kansas City, Mo.

Information Quality: Media
Source: Media
Updated Date: 09/08/2011 08:03 PM EDT (09/08/2011 05:03 PM PDT)

Grey Fox

You gonna have to work overtime this week-end!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 08, 2011, 07:37:22 PM
You gonna have to work overtime this week-end!

Nope;  earthquakes, hurricanes and Grand Prixs were quite enough for me, thank you.

Razgovory

Some Pashtuni can probably cost the US several million dollars with every long distance phone call he makes.  There probably some guy in Pakistan who just periodically orders Ryder trucks and then laughs his ass off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

So is this Obama using scare tactics to distract us from something something something?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

My blood is getting all angried up this weekend.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on September 09, 2011, 08:08:32 AM
So is this Obama using scare tactics to distract us from something something something?

Maybe he can have the Secret Service plant explosives on Palin's bus?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Razgovory

Quote from: Strix on September 09, 2011, 01:25:05 PM

Maybe he can have the Secret Service plant explosives on Palin's bus?

Why would he do that?  Palin is Obama greatest ally right now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Doubtful, it's not election time yet.

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2011, 08:25:57 PM
Some Pashtuni can probably cost the US several million dollars with every long distance phone call he makes.  There probably some guy in Pakistan who just periodically orders Ryder trucks and then laughs his ass off.
:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Let's see...security posture fo the ten year anniversary of 9/11...versus the Democratic National Convention or John Kerry's announcement of his running mate.

Hmmm.  Wonder which one's actually bona fide.

Ideologue

Do the moon people even count as humans do?  They probably use some Babylonian shit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

JonasSalk

Craziest 9/11 conspiracy theory I've heard so far: 7 of the 9/11 hijackers are still alive.

There's a bunch of goofy links about them, but it's difficult to find anything proving it wrong. Then again, if the hijackers were still alive...wouldn't they take pics or video of themselves and prove it? Wouldn't they sit around and be all "Yup, my name's Mohamed Atta and here I am. Here's my driver's license and passport. Here's some transcripts from school, birth certificate, etc. Here's me. 9/11 was a hoax! See ya later, I'll post another video to Youtube next week."
Yuman

garbon

I'll be really pissed if I get killed this weekend - one year after I moved to the city.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: JonasSalk on September 09, 2011, 11:49:50 PM
Craziest 9/11 conspiracy theory I've heard so far: 7 of the 9/11 hijackers are still alive.

There's a bunch of goofy links about them, but it's difficult to find anything proving it wrong. Then again, if the hijackers were still alive...wouldn't they take pics or video of themselves and prove it? Wouldn't they sit around and be all "Yup, my name's Mohamed Atta and here I am. Here's my driver's license and passport. Here's some transcripts from school, birth certificate, etc. Here's me. 9/11 was a hoax! See ya later, I'll post another video to Youtube next week."

They're all hanging out with D.B. Cooper and Vesna Vulovic.
Kinemalogue