News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Photo essay to cheer up The Brain

Started by Capetan Mihali, September 05, 2011, 05:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

I was having a leisurely stroll around town today, pondering this and that, when I passed upon a neighborhood establishment I'd seen once or twice before. 

With my new SmartPhone I decided to record it for posterity:

You could tell this was a pretty serious caning shoppe that expected to do steady business. 
The penalties for misusing their parking spaces could well be quite severe...   :secret:

But as I looked closer, I was alarmed to see none of the familiar caning supplies in stock.  In fact, the building was on the market to be leased.  :o 

I leaned in to photograph the interior but all I got was the dim reflection of my lonesome and a couple ponytailed types in the distance, certainly not a vibrant caning shoppe.   :(

But just when all hope had vanished and despair had seized my very soul, my burden was relieved!  The Caning Shoppe had only shed its meager confines and flourished on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fin.   :sleep:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

What drama! I don't really have the nerves for this. I need to lie down now.

But thank you. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Caning Shoppe on Elm Street, what a nightmare.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Capetan Mihali

Unfortunately, while I was pounding the pavement, trying to rally the spirits of my old friend The Brain, I neglected the moral education of the household cat. 

The humble and virtuous friend I left behind had become a dissolute rouĂ©, squandering vast sums in the pursuit of obesity and games of chance.   :(

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Ed Anger

Lettow doesn't like mixed race cats now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

This is the best new thread in a while.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

Drama, pathos, sudden reversals of fate.  This is the dickensian/riefenstahlian thread for the ages!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

You definitely need to go to Somerville and update the thread with their selection of canes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habsburg

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 05, 2011, 07:27:33 PM
You definitely need to go to Somerville and update the thread with their selection of canes.

A dismal gray New England dawn emerged.  Sheets of cold rain poured down outside my window and I huddled in my cheap polyester comforter.  It had been a rough night.  These few days of vacation and all I've done is waste them, I thought.  As 6:00 sprang onto the digital alarm clock, I couldn't take it anymore.  I reached over and lit a Winston, hoping for some direction.  Sure, I felt the familiar vapors in my throat and in my lungs, but I felt nothing in my soul, my heart, my brain..... my Brain.... The BRAIN!  I must revive him even if my own humours fail me!

Sure enough, I pulled on my slicker and grabbed my roommate's tango-themed umbrella.  Out I would go, off to see what the new Caning Shoppe had to offer.  With my SmartPhone poised, I would document its new iteration in the service of Man's aspirations...

But the new Caning Shoppe was as dismal as my mood on rising.  :( Papered up in a storefront cramped against a dubious pet shop. August 20?  It is to laugh.   :(

But one cannot say that they do not still aim to attract the caning aesthete...

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 08, 2011, 07:25:39 AM
A dismal gray New England dawn emerged.

Wait, I thought you were living in Kentucky? :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2011, 07:28:46 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 08, 2011, 07:25:39 AM
A dismal gray New England dawn emerged.

Wait, I thought you were living in Kentucky? :unsure:

Summer law internship in Knoxville, Tenn.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: The Brain on September 08, 2011, 07:30:42 AM
Winston? Is that a fag?

This is the US.  If a fag's in my own home, I can reach over and light it.  Castle doctrine and all.

The Brain

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 08, 2011, 07:35:04 AM
Quote from: The Brain on September 08, 2011, 07:30:42 AM
Winston? Is that a fag?

This is the US.  If a fag's in my own home, I can reach over and light it.  Castle doctrine and all.

Photo? :)