Postal Service Facing Default

Started by jimmy olsen, September 05, 2011, 09:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2011, 03:19:32 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2011, 01:40:58 PM
Writing on a typewriter is barbaric.

Nonsense.
Do you get whiteout all over the page when you mistype?  It's just terrible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2011, 09:23:17 AM
Another 120,000 people unemployed, that's just what the country needs right now. <_<

Welcome to Tea Party America!
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

It only makes sense to cut down on postal service.  This is the 21st century, and 90% of mail is flyers for stores that you shouldn't shop at anyways.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

Another 120,000 people unemployed, that's just what the country needs right now. <_<

Actually it is. We need to cull the garbage "jobs" that are unproductive to free up that labor to do something worthwhile.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

These people could be harvesting crops.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Use them to round up the Timmays and Animetards.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

The problem is that there are no worthwhile jobs anymore in America.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 05, 2011, 05:48:06 PM
Use them to round up the Timmays and Animetards.

The Tea Party supports both :(
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 05, 2011, 05:44:14 PM

Actually it is. We need to cull the garbage "jobs" that are unproductive to free up that labor to do something worthwhile.

Almost exactly the number of people Haliburton needs to work in North Dakota.  :hmm:

MadImmortalMan

If I knew jack shit about drilling oil wells, I'd be up there starting a business right now.  :P

Razgovory

I think we still need a post office.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Yes. It's even in the Constitution, so Ron Paul can't complain.  :)

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 05, 2011, 06:19:46 PM
Yes. It's even in the Constitution, so Ron Paul can't complain.  :)

He complains about Income tax and that's in the Constitution.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 05, 2011, 06:07:42 PM
Almost exactly the number of people Haliburton needs to work in North Dakota.  :hmm:
A lot of postal workers aren't really capable of doing a lot of that kind of work.