Quote from: The Brain on September 03, 2011, 03:32:59 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 03, 2011, 03:27:29 AM
For my recent take on this, I refer you to my avatar

I have no idea what it is. A gypsy?

Sez the "I am too smart for humanity" guy :rolleyes:

it's Daniel Plainview from There Will Be Blood you uneducated skandi

He's a gypsy?

Your opening rant is hereby nullified.

Because he didn't recognize a person from a movie? Oh yeah popular film - talk about the rarefied heights of intellectualism.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

The Brain

I don't see how anyone could confuse me with Grallon.

B.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on September 03, 2011, 07:21:50 PM
I don't see how anyone could confuse me with Grallon.

B.

That should be T.B.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

Martinus

Are you going to shoot up some place, Brain?

Edit: Same with Syt. That sounded like a Unabomber rant.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2011, 02:52:38 AM

I normally shoot up at home.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Camerus

I think all intelligent people have felt a profound sense of frustration with their fellow humans from time to time.   Often it just means it's time to try something new.

Camerus

Syt's rant also reminded me of that objectivist dating website:

Quotethustotyrants, Selden, New York
[I am] short, stark, and mansome.

You should contact me if you are a skinny woman. If your words are a meaningful progression of concepts rather than a series of vocalizations induced by your spinal cord for the purpose of complementing my tone of voice. If you've seen the meatbot, the walking automaton, the pod-people, the dense, glazy-eyed substrate through which living organisms such as myself must escape to reach air and sunlight. If you've realized that if speech is to be regarded as a cognitive function, technically they aren't speaking, and you don't have to listen.

mongers

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on September 04, 2011, 09:09:49 AM
I think all self-identifying intellectuals have felt an immature sense of superiority over their fellow humans...

FYP.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2011, 02:52:38 AM

You post shit like that all the time.  The only thing that keeps you from going on a shooting rampage is the certainty that it would fail, due to the Polish custom of tackling anyone with a gun.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

That, and if a Pole has a gun, their inner jew hatred takes over and they go jew hunting.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: mongers on September 04, 2011, 09:17:31 AM
I think all self-identifying intellectuals have felt an immature sense of superiority over their fellow humans...
FYP.
I don't quite buy it.  The whole 'wisdom of the masses' and 'stupid people are valuable too' doesn't quite jive.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Slargos

I don't have a problem with stupid people per se. I know plenty of idiots who can barely tie their own shoelaces but whom can still manage to be quite insightful nonetheless. In addition, it's possible to be stupid but still a good person.

The dangerous and annoying people are the fundamentalists, fanatics and elitists, and they come in all varieties. Many of them with a sense of entitlement blown far out of proportion to their individual value.

mongers

Quote from: Neil on September 04, 2011, 09:38:44 AM
Quote from: mongers on September 04, 2011, 09:17:31 AM
FYP.
I don't quite buy it.  The whole 'wisdom of the masses' and 'stupid people are valuable too' doesn't quite jive.

Whoosh.    :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"