Beslan school siege inspires Sri Lankan Defense Secretary

Started by jimmy olsen, April 22, 2009, 01:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2009, 11:24:52 AM
Yes that is exactly what I am saying.  All civilians should die bloody deaths.

Finally, the truth comes out!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on May 11, 2009, 12:36:53 PM
A death toll around 1,000?  Who cares?

Considering a 3,000-casualty incident rerouted US foreign policy over the last decade, I think it's safe to say a lot of people would. ;)
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 11, 2009, 05:07:20 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 11, 2009, 12:36:53 PM
A death toll around 1,000?  Who cares?

Considering a 3,000-casualty incident rerouted US foreign policy over the last decade, I think it's safe to say a lot of people would. ;)
3,000 dead white folks killed in a surprise attack is a bigger deal than a million Indians killed in a civil war.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BVN

You first please.

Slargos

Quote from: Slargos on May 11, 2009, 10:22:58 AM
Spectacular.

You support the murder of innocent civilians in order to further what you perceive to be a just cause?

Nice one.

So a few deaths aka collateral damage is ok as long as it furthers "peace".

How many murders are you ready to perform in order to prevent other murders being done?

One for every 100 prevented? For every 10? For every 2?

Will you also condone the murder of the impoverished since it will in the long term reduce suffering by preventing them from having impoverished children?

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on April 22, 2009, 01:21:09 PM
I think destroying the Tigers is well worth the sacrifice of some civilians.  It will, in the long run, save far more lives then may have to be sacrificed in the short term.

I am pretty disgusted with the idea of lengthening the civil war in Sri Lanka for humanitarian reasons.  What sort of fucked up logic is that?

:lol:

Spectacular.

You support the murder of innocent civilians in order to further what you perceive to be a just cause?

I think he is saying that the way to end the killing is to end the war.

And innocent civilians get killed in the furtherance of causes both just and unjust in war all the time. In fact, pretty much every time.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on May 12, 2009, 01:30:01 PM
Spectacular.

Nice one.

Of course. are you arguing otherwise?

How many murders are you ready to perform in order to prevent other murders being done?

Who said anything about murder? It isn't murder if the state does it, by definition.

It is collateral damage, and in this case, if we go by teh Geneva conventions, it is the rebels who bear the responsibility for those deaths, by hiding themselves among the civilian population.
One for every 100 prevented? For every 10? For every 2?

What do you think?

How many people would you allow rebels to murder in order to make sure you never take an innocent life fighting them?

Will you also condone the murder of the impoverished since it will in the long term reduce suffering by preventing them from having impoverished children?

Wow, talk about jumping the shark!

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Slargos on May 12, 2009, 01:30:01 PM

Yep.  That is why we firebombed Germany.  That is why Sherman marched to the sea.  Treating your enemy with kid gloves to be nice will only keep the war going.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Slargos

Then why the belly-aching when your enemies ram an Improvised Explosive Device into a building full of collateral?

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on May 12, 2009, 01:42:15 PM
Then why the belly-aching when your enemies ram an Improvised Explosive Device into a building full of collateral?

What are you talking about?

0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2009, 01:36:42 PM

Who said anything about murder? It isn't murder if the state does it, by definition.

What if it's state sponsored genocide?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2009, 01:49:58 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2009, 01:36:42 PM

What if it's state sponsored genocide?
Then you can make an argument that it is a war crime, or human rights abuse, or whatever AI is calling it these days.

0 rows returned

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Slargos on May 12, 2009, 01:42:15 PM

My god, you've finally been infected with Euroweenie.