News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bad court thingy in gay teen homicide.

Started by Razgovory, September 02, 2011, 02:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: Martinus on September 03, 2011, 03:25:49 PMIs it hard to understand?

yes. it is hard to understand how you could ever think this a valid idea. maybe it is your own unique brand of gayness that condemns your rationale

Ed Anger

Raise your kid to ride a horse, shoot a bow, never to lie and to hate the glittertard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 03, 2011, 04:41:19 PM
Raise your kid to ride a horse, shoot a bow, never to lie and to hate the glittertard.

But glitter is so shiny. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on September 03, 2011, 05:04:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 03, 2011, 04:41:19 PM
But glitter is so shiny. :weep:
So is the blood of a Martinusoid when you spill it on the pavement.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

Capetan Mihali

...... And he pleads to voluntary manslaughter for 21 years...

QuoteIn plea deal, youth gets 21 years for killing gay teen

[....]

In an unusual arrangement, the 17-year-old pleaded guilty to second-degree and voluntary manslaughter. In return, prosecutors agreed not to go forward with a second trial, which could have resulted in a life sentence.

The family of the victim, Larry King, broke their silence on the case outside court Monday, saying that they supported the sentence but believed school officials hold deep responsibility for what happened.

"Larry had a complicated life, but he did not deserve to be murdered," said the youth's father, Greg King.

McInerney's first trial ended in a hung jury in early September, with jurors torn between murder and manslaughter. Some jurors said they believed the district attorney's office was being overly harsh in trying McInerney as an adult and several showed up Monday wearing "Save Brandon" bracelets.

Greg King said he was satisfied by the deal reached with his son's killer, given the "unpredictability of juries."

"Twenty-one years is a long time" King said. "At the end of the day, this is something we can live with."

[....]

Prosecutors said the first trial showed that the case was too emotional to take to trial a second time.

"The first jury was unable to keep their emotions out of it," Ventura County Chief Deputy Dist. Atty. Mike Frawley said. "This really tugged powerfully at people's hearts,"

During the first trial, prosecutors portrayed McInerney as a budding white supremacist who hated homosexuals and was enraged by King's sexuality and aggressive flirtations. Jurors rejected that contention and the hate crime allegation was dropped when prosecutors announced last month that they would retry McInerney.

Defense lawyers argued that McInerney was the product of a violent and dysfunctional home and had reached an emotional breaking point in response to King's advances. At Monday's hearing, McInenery's family left the courtroom without comment after the plea agreement was announced.

McInerney's mother, Kendra, sobbed loudly as her son, clad in a dark blue jail jumpsuit, answered "guilty" to the two charges — one of the few times he has spoken in the courtroom.

[....] 

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-1122-gay-shooting-20111122,0,425342.story
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on September 02, 2011, 10:12:36 AM
I don't like trying kids as adults.  We don't grant adult rights to children.  There is an assumption that they aren't old enough fully understand their actions.  So we don't let them vote or run for office etc.  Trying a kid as adult but refusal to grant adult rights feels like trying to have it both ways.
Once the kid commits murder, he is evaluated by a psy wich will determine if he's old enough to fully understand his actions.  Like an adult man, presumed to understand the difference between right or wrong can be evaluated and it could be determined that indeed, he did not understand what he was doing while committing his crimes.
I don't see the problem in that.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on September 03, 2011, 02:22:10 PM
That's exactly my point. If we should not try kids as adults for hate crimes, and it is not illegal to teach children that fags, niggers, mooselimbs etc. are evil, then adults who teach kids these things and their kids then act on it and commit hate crimes should be criminally liable.

Edit: Btw, why "fags" but "blacks" and not "niggers"?
one could teach his kids that all fags are God forsakken monsters and deserve a cruel death as well as an eternity of suffering in hell, unless they repent and change their evil ways, while at the same time emphasizing that it's God's duty to punish the sinners and he alone should punish them, by his own means, not by human intervention.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.