T-62 armor beats anything we have, I know because I left the Rangers for armor

Started by CountDeMoney, August 30, 2011, 11:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 01, 2011, 05:31:41 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 01, 2011, 04:32:33 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 01, 2011, 04:06:09 PM
grumbler's numerous rants aside, historical trivia like this is why I patronize Languish.
:lmfao:  Well, the personal attack won't work; they never have.  I'll keep posting anyway. 

All you do with cracks like that is poison the atmosphere of Languish and drive off those who are sensitive to random unpleasantness.

But we still haven't driven off Martinus, despite all our best efforts.  :huh:
Ugh, don't remind us.

Siege

What's the whole story with this Sir Hockey?
I remember he claimed to be a ranger.
I didn't know he also claimed to be armor, nor about this thing with the T-62.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2011, 05:02:40 PM
Man, you sure don't know how to take a compliment.

To call someone a habitual ranter who recounts entertaining trivia is not exactly the highest of complements.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 01, 2011, 06:41:05 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2011, 05:02:40 PM
Man, you sure don't know how to take a compliment.

To call someone a habitual ranter who recounts entertaining trivia is not exactly the highest of complements.
Well, it's not like grumbler is showered with compliments around here.  He should take what he can get.

Caliga

Quote from: Siege on September 01, 2011, 06:41:03 PM
What's the whole story with this Sir Hockey?
I remember he claimed to be a ranger.
I didn't know he also claimed to be armor, nor about this thing with the T-62.
Yeah, he claimed to be both, which was the first red flag.  IIRC one of Berkut, grumbler, or Money called him on that.  Then someone else asked him what his MOS was and he said he forgot and "it wasn't important".  Then because people started calling him out he posted a pic he claimed was of him and his company, and someone else pointed out that was the first pic that came up on Google Image when you type "Airborne Rangers" in. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

von Biscuit outed him.  He asked him his Ranger class number (which turns out to be just the year you attended plus a 1 through 4), then Hockey went into a protracted shpiel about needing to look it up on his forms, which were not handy.

Caliga

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 31, 2011, 05:05:48 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 31, 2011, 01:26:44 AM
Where does the POS T-62 come into play?

Raz is right, Old Sir Hockey reference from EUOT.  Goddamn, that was a funny ass thread when he was busted six ways out of his ass, and never came back.

The only thing funnier than his statements that Soviet reactive armor was better than Chobham armor was the fact that he said he left the Rangers to transfer to armor.  I mean, you don't even do that in Battlefield 2.

By the way, can you identify this tank?
I'll give you a clue: It ain't a T-55.

Caliga

lol, I found the thread:

Quote from: Sir Hockey
Except for the Auto-Loader, Russian Tanks are superior to US tanks. That's nothing new. The Russians have always been ahead of NATO in Tank Technology. The only country who (historically) has been close is Britain but, they haven't come up with anything new since the '70s.

The 'Improved Export' models of the T-62 and T-72 are a hell of a lot better than anything we americans make.

If we had the T-62s and Iraq had M1s, we would have still won. Why? It's because:

No Country in the World can match the Training that the US Army gives it's crews.

Siege

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 01, 2011, 07:30:17 PM
von Biscuit outed him.  He asked him his Ranger class number (which turns out to be just the year you attended plus a 1 through 4), then Hockey went into a protracted shpiel about needing to look it up on his forms, which were not handy.

I'm pretty sure there are more than 4 classes per year. I would guess 10 per year, but I'll have to ask an RI (ranger instructor).
There are 10 sniper classes a year, but it is a completely diferent school, so I might be far off in my guess.

Siege

Quote from: Caliga on September 01, 2011, 07:44:38 PM
lol, I found the thread:

Quote from: Sir Hockey
Except for the Auto-Loader, Russian Tanks are superior to US tanks. That's nothing new. The Russians have always been ahead of NATO in Tank Technology. The only country who (historically) has been close is Britain but, they haven't come up with anything new since the '70s.

The 'Improved Export' models of the T-62 and T-72 are a hell of a lot better than anything we americans make.

If we had the T-62s and Iraq had M1s, we would have still won. Why? It's because:

No Country in the World can match the Training that the US Army gives it's crews.

Haha, his american crews with T-62s argument is a quote from GEN Schwarzkof who said that in an interview, that if the iraqis had the M1 and the americans the T-72s the iraqis would still have lost.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Siege

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 01, 2011, 07:51:56 PM
Aww. I want my name on a tank in a third-world shithole too.  :Embarrass:

You have to offend me, make me angry, make me quitrage, and then maybe, maybe, I shall grant you your wish.
You'll have to wait to late 2012 though.
And, you'll have to remind me.
I got PTSD. I forget everything.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Weird... I thought I had posted in that thread, but there are no Caliga posts in there. :hmm:

Yeah, Otto is the one who owned him, but Berk was the first one to call him a liar.