News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do You Have A Plan B, If All Else Fails ?

Started by mongers, August 28, 2011, 07:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

It is easy to say "I have a plan B".  It is another matter to actually invest the time, effort and money in a contingency plan, especially when doing so may affect your plan A. 

LaCroix

plan B? i don't think most people have a plan A  :D

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on September 01, 2011, 03:42:08 PM
Once I figured out how shit works I became mega-bored and lost interest in work. Me working among people is like an average human working among chimps.
So, your dream job?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 01, 2011, 09:41:20 PM
Once I figured out how shit works I became mega-bored and lost interest in work. Me working among people is like an average human working among chimps.
So, your dream job?

:D

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 01, 2011, 09:41:20 PM
So, your dream job?

No, I am not an average human.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on September 01, 2011, 10:24:11 AM
Taking up farming isn't much of a Plan "B".  Very capital intensive.  You can make a great living at it, but it's just not something you can fall back to.

Yeah, I was contemplating becoming a dairy farmer, but that costs money and waking up at 4am ain't my idea of a work day.

So I think maybe going out west to raise sheep, llamas and alpacas to shear for my line of sweater vests would work.  Just have to feed them and do the veterinary stuff, right?  That way, I don't have to worry about killing them, just shave them every year.  And I could give them all names.

Camerus

I always thought my back-up prole job would be to be a truck driver.  Long hours alone on the road, just listening to music, and stopping off for the occasional hook-up in run-down burgs sounds about right.   :thumbsup:

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2011, 05:21:22 AM
Taking up farming isn't much of a Plan "B".  Very capital intensive.  You can make a great living at it, but it's just not something you can fall back to.

Yeah, I was contemplating becoming a dairy farmer, but that costs money and waking up at 4am ain't my idea of a work day.

So I think maybe going out west to raise sheep, llamas and alpacas to shear for my line of sweater vests would work.  Just have to feed them and do the veterinary stuff, right?  That way, I don't have to worry about killing them, just shave them every year.  And I could give them all names.

They spit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 02, 2011, 07:26:02 AM

They spit.

Dealbreaker.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on September 02, 2011, 08:11:13 AM

They spit.

Dealbreaker.

I guess you prefer that they swallow?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on September 02, 2011, 08:12:20 AM
Quote from: The Brain on September 02, 2011, 08:11:13 AM

They spit.

Dealbreaker.

Yes.

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on September 02, 2011, 08:12:20 AM
I don't think raising swallows is economically viable.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on September 01, 2011, 08:53:39 PM
My wife certainly have a plan.

Oh, have you met the guy she plans to marry then?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

My aunt does that with Alpacas.  She can do it because she doesnt have to rely on it to make any money.

Barrister

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on September 02, 2011, 07:09:46 AM
I always thought my back-up prole job would be to be a truck driver.  Long hours alone on the road, just listening to music, and stopping off for the occasional hook-up in run-down burgs sounds about right.   :thumbsup:

I've had that thought too.  :)

But seriously, if they canned my ass from this job and I couldn't find another, I could scrape together a living on legal aid certificates.  Probably find a small rural town with a courthouse, but no resident lawyer.  Wouldn't make a fortune but I could survive.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.