The Peace and Love Thread.

Started by mongers, August 25, 2011, 03:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on August 25, 2011, 04:25:55 PM
I love you all!

Except grumbler.
And you will never get a chance to love me, you perv! :ultra:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on August 25, 2011, 04:29:09 PM
That sounds like just a different way of saying the same thing to me, but whatever.
5:1 generally implies betting odds; you have to pay 5 times as much if you want to bet on the first outcome as you do if you want to bet on the second, for any given payout.  It is not at all a prediction of an outcome; it is an prediction about the behavior of the gamblers who are placing bets.  The bookie wants exactly half of the money wagered on each outcome, so that the bookie loses nothing no matter what the outcome.  The odds he offers are those he believes will have that betting result, no matter what the distribution of outcomes the bookie privately believes is true of the event being wagered on.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ideologue

Contradictory.  Love would dictate no peace in our lifetimes.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

Quote from: mongers on August 25, 2011, 03:32:50 PM
So shall we give peace and love a chance ? :unsure:

A Simi  Valley Jury disagrees with you.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on August 25, 2011, 05:02:58 PM
Contradictory.  Love would dictate no peace in our lifetimes.

Peace would require there be no love. 

CountDeMoney

Peace through superior cockpower.  Not love.

Tonitrus

A man who fears nothing, is a man who loves nothing.

Josquius

Peace and love are mutually exclusive.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 25, 2011, 06:26:51 PM

And a man without hope is a man without fear.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on August 25, 2011, 08:22:55 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on August 25, 2011, 06:26:51 PM

And a man without hope is a man without fear.

A man without nothing apparently has some stuff.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017