News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Worst poster in Languish?

Started by Siege, August 24, 2011, 07:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

The last thing of any intellectual significance or entertainment value that I posted was Vlad Putin singing Blueberry Hill, and even that was questionable.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Habsburg

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on August 24, 2011, 07:39:27 PM
Least times quoted would be a bit more accurate perhaps.

Nah. We love striking down people making outlandish remarks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

I wouldn`t call having the last post in threads criteria for being worst poster. Could just as well mean you`re always late. Or you always say something so definitive and awesome that everyone agrees with you and can think of no reply.
I don't think that's right. Flip it around and that would make me the best poster because I've been quoted the most. Obviously an inaccurate means of assessment.  :D
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 25, 2011, 04:22:34 AM
I wouldn`t call having the last post in threads criteria for being worst poster. Could just as well mean you`re always late. Or you always say something so definitive and awesome that everyone agrees with you and can think of no reply.
I don't think that's right. Flip it around and that would make me the best poster because I've been quoted the most. Obviously an inaccurate means of assessment.  :D
Its the one an old uni teacher of mine used in her research into online communities.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I have found that threads about a subject that I actually care about (and are sometimes started by me), are shorter then ones I don't.  I'm often the last poster in those threads as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Roll a d100 and then count down the list of posters arranged by post count in descending order.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Siege on August 24, 2011, 07:08:13 PM
The idea came after seing how the russian fighter thread got derailed by Neil and Minsky.

I accept the credit for that act of mercy.
Throught that timely intervention we saved the thread from a sure demise against long odds.  It is still on the front page.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Can you kill the fatty thread?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 25, 2011, 11:04:24 AM
Can you kill the fatty thread?

Seriously.  Let's see what we can do about that crap.
Experience bij!