News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Chrome got better.

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, August 23, 2011, 11:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Thanks, I wasn't aware I could "teach" adblock to get the ones it misses.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on September 02, 2014, 04:11:23 AM
Thanks, I wasn't aware I could "teach" adblock to get the ones it misses.

I'm confused why it isn't more popular, but also glad. I'm pretty sure if everyone went down that road we'd lose a lot of free content. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Liep on September 02, 2014, 04:39:14 AM
I'm confused why it isn't more popular, but also glad. I'm pretty sure if everyone went down that road we'd lose a lot of free content. :P

Seriously, I got aggressive about teaching it when the girlfriend's late grandfather got to where he was calling me every two weeks about viruses- he fell for almost every piece of clickbait he saw, so I had to treat the cause as well as the symptoms. ;)
Experience bij!

Liep

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 02, 2014, 08:34:14 AM

Seriously, I got aggressive about teaching it when the girlfriend's late grandfather got to where he was calling me every two weeks about viruses- he fell for almost every piece of clickbait he saw, so I had to treat the cause as well as the symptoms. ;)

So you killed him?! :o
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

Quote from: Liep on September 02, 2014, 09:17:20 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 02, 2014, 08:34:14 AM

So you killed him?! :o
:lmfao:  :hmm: :unsure:

DontSayBanana

Nah, just the clickbait ads showing up in Chrome.
Experience bij!

Liep

I recently changed to µBlock instead of AdBlock because it supposedly blocked tracking cookies too. I was alarmed to see that most sites use at least 4-5 tracking agencies. :O

viper37

if you use disconnect.me and Ghostery you'll see just how many of these things they use.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.