News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Chrome got better.

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, August 23, 2011, 11:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arvoreen

What's wrong with CTRL-+ and CTRL-- (plus & minus)?  :P

There are also a few plugins that look like they maybe useful for you...perhaps  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lajondecmobodlejlcjllhojikagldgd as a starting spot to look?

viper37

Quote from: Arvoreen on August 27, 2012, 09:21:10 AM
What's wrong with CTRL-+ and CTRL-- (plus & minus)?  :P
I am sometimes away from my keyboard as I sit on the counch instead of the cheap computer chair I have.

Since it's not there by default, I see it's one more reason to dislike the product ;)

I'll try the plugins, thanks :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

sbr

When I download things I prefer to download them to my Desktop, as they are usually things I am going to do something with immediately, whcih worked fine with Firefox.  I switched to Chrome recently, partly because of this thread :), and it doesn't work very well.  Most of the times the files don't show up at all on my Desktop and will seemingly randomly show up at various times later on.  I don't have any problems when I download files into a folder.

Anyone have any ideas?

garbon

Did you change the settings on where you want them to download? /There appears to be a feature where you can have it ask you every time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: sbr on August 28, 2012, 05:02:40 PM

Anyone have any ideas?
Settings - Advanced settins (bottom) - Downloads

There, pick the directory of your choice, in your case Desktop.

Btw,  for all the Chrome afficionados out there, I'd recommend Commodo Dragon, based on Chromium.  More secure, but for Windows only.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

sbr

I know how to set it up to download to my Desktop, it just didn't work right, but thanks.

Specifically I was downloading multiple HiS turns.  The first time a ~2/4 showed up on the desktop immediately, the other 2 randomly appeared a few minutes later.  The next time they didn't show up at all until I exited from a game, then only ~3/4 were there.  The last time they didn't show up on the desktop at all until I restarted my PC.

Liep

It sounds more like your PC is acting up rather than Chrome. I don't have a problem saving to desktop.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

sbr

Quote from: Liep on August 30, 2012, 03:37:48 AM
It sounds more like your PC is acting up rather than Chrome. I don't have a problem saving to desktop.

I know it's weird, I never had trouble doing it with Firefox, it only started when I switched to Chrome.  Maybe I'll give it another shot later.

Syt

Well, it can happen. Years and years ago, my computer had contracted the Chernobyl virus. The only indication that something was wrong was that EU2 was no longer working, while everything else ran smoothly. It was a virus scanner that found the culprit. embedded somewhere in EU2.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Anyone ever have any issues where Chrome just starts refusing to load websites? Pages just hang now on Chrome but they still open fine in IE or firefox. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I've had that issue for a couple of days now. Only at work too. I blamed a domained settings, I'll need to try a different browser.

:hmm:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Only happening to me at home right now. At first I thought it was time warner fucking me over but then when out of desperation, I tried IE - worked better.

Phillip V

No problems here; have used Chrome for several years.

derspiess

I have absolutely zero need for a Chromecast, as my Google TV devices pretty much cover the functionality, but it was a cheap indulgence at $35 and I figure I can take it with me when I travel:

http://www.amazon.com/Google-Chromecast-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B00DR0PDNE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379623186&sr=8-1&keywords=chromecast

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Quote from: frunk on August 09, 2012, 10:23:38 AM
If you like Chrome but don't appreciate the installed services and spyware, there's Iron.
There's Comodo Dragon too.