Egypt Recalls Ambassador to Israel Over Shootings

Started by jimmy olsen, August 20, 2011, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 20, 2011, 05:25:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2011, 05:10:03 PM
Yet Obama has been friendly to Poland after they went to bed with Bushitler  :hmm:

Not really. He screwed us over on the anti-missile shield deployment and "reset" his relations with Russia.

Are you complaining that you are no longer a target for a nuclear missile?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on August 21, 2011, 03:42:57 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 20, 2011, 04:31:33 PM
Well, if you go to bed with a blood murderous tyrant, don't expect the revolutionaries who take him down to like you.  :hmm:

please try and be less an east euro. kthxbye
I think that this is the equivalent of asking him not to breathe.

Ignorance + hysterical rhetoric = gay Polack.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

The bombing continues in southern israel, rockets from gaza on eshkol and hof ashkelon.
The "iron dome" missile shield is not working as expected. They are shooting down about a third of incoming fire, mainly because the flight time is too short. The new Hamas "ceasefire" lasted 20 minutes.
In yerushalayim the alert level was raised after intell of a palestinian squad planning an attack on an unspecified location in the city. I bet they were planing to attack an school. The city is pretty much in lockdown right now.
The biggest rumor though, is a full reocupation of Gaza.
I don't think is gonna happen though. No balls left in the govermetn.
The feeling is some major IDF response is about to happen.
I say this response will be limited to scattered counter-battery fire and strongly worded empty promises of further retialiation if the terrorists keep shooting rockets into Israel.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Palisadoes

I have my doubts over the new Egypt. This action by them reinforces those doubts - they have reacted almost precisely as seems to have been intended by the Palestinian terrorists (I presume that is why they made such attacks so close to the Egypt-Israel border, at least).

LaCroix

Quote from: Palisadoes on August 21, 2011, 05:52:15 PM
I have my doubts over the new Egypt. This action by them reinforces those doubts - they have reacted almost precisely as seems to have been intended by the Palestinian terrorists (I presume that is why they made such attacks so close to the Egypt-Israel border, at least).

:yes:

that and the whole relaxing security on the blockade of gaza that led to this. my first thought = they're grasping for straws to justify deteriorating relations with israel. of course, the legion of anti-israelis would see the move as completely A-O K, since, you know, israel was of course at fault and deserves all the condemnation

Octavian

Quote from: Siege on August 21, 2011, 05:47:31 PM
The bombing continues in southern israel, rockets from gaza on eshkol and hof ashkelon.
The "iron dome" missile shield is not working as expected. They are shooting down about a third of incoming fire, mainly because the flight time is too short. The new Hamas "ceasefire" lasted 20 minutes.
In Aelia Capitolina the alert level was raised after intell of a palestinian squad planning an attack on an unspecified location in the city. I bet they were planing to attack an school. The city is pretty much in lockdown right now.
The biggest rumor though, is a full reocupation of Gaza.
I don't think is gonna happen though. No balls left in the govermetn.
The feeling is some major IDF response is about to happen.
I say this response will be limited to scattered counter-battery fire and strongly worded empty promises of further retialiation if the terrorists keep shooting rockets into Israel.

Corrected your post  :P

Go jews! 
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 20, 2011, 05:25:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2011, 05:10:03 PM
Yet Obama has been friendly to Poland after they went to bed with Bushitler  :hmm:

Not really. He screwed us over on the anti-missile shield deployment and "reset" his relations with Russia.

Ah well I guess that supports your view then.

Seriously though people have been saying for years that eventually those dictators were going down and we would have hell to pay.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Now that Egypt is changing some, Gaza is getting back to business as before, its extremists attacking Israel, the only real democracy in the region. Sadly, no surprise.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on August 20, 2011, 04:31:33 PM
Well, if you go to bed with a blood murderous tyrant, don't expect the revolutionaries who take him down to like you.  :hmm:

So Israel should have broken the peace treaty with Egypt after Sadat was assassinated?
Yes it is languish, but it is permitted to think before posting.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Anyways, it seems a bit muddled as to what happened.

Given that Bibi is apologizing, it is reasonable to believe the Israelis screwed up here.  In particular, it appears Israeli troops fired across the border and killed Egyptian security guys.  Obviously, that is a big no no.

Question is what exactly the Egyptian security guys were doing in the midst of armed Pali militants.  If they were doing their best to defuse the situation, and got caught in the cross-fire, all good (and all bad for Israel).  But it they weren't . . .
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Siege

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 22, 2011, 10:34:07 AM

Given that Bibi is apologizing, it is reasonable to believe the Israelis screwed up here.  In particular, it appears Israeli troops fired across the border and killed Egyptian security guys.  Obviously, that is a big no no.

Question is what exactly the Egyptian security guys were doing in the midst of armed Pali militants.  If they were doing their best to defuse the situation, and got caught in the cross-fire, all good (and all bad for Israel).  But it they weren't . . .

Well, they all look the same...

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on August 22, 2011, 09:15:20 PM

Well, they all look the same...

The Egyptians wear uniforms.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Habsburg

Given that Bibi is apologizing, it is reasonable to believe the Israelis screwed up.