And we're back!

Main Menu

Things That Passed You By ?

Started by mongers, August 22, 2011, 02:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2011, 07:44:31 PM
My launch window for wife and children.

Damn, Money, don't give up; you need to get your ass over to the UK and find a woman, I'm sure you'd go down a storm here.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on August 22, 2011, 07:55:20 PM

Damn, Money, don't give up; you need to get your ass over to the UK and find a woman, I'm sure you'd go down a storm here.  :cool:

Oh, I'm sorry;  did I convey a sense of sadness or some shit?

Damned emotionless text.

LaCroix

inexpensive computers. pc gaming the past four years. one of these days i'll pick up eu3 :P

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2011, 07:58:45 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 22, 2011, 07:55:20 PM

Oh, I'm sorry;  did I convey a sense of sadness or some shit?

Damned emotionless text.

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Chinese Halloween.  I have no idea that this existed until I met my wife.  In contrast with the western one, Chinese Halloween is considered a taboo.  Many people are geniunely worried, and it is not supposed to be fun at all.  My parents, teachers or schoolmates never mentioned it.  The entire month of July (in the Chinese traditional lunar calender) is the month of the ghost.  People avoid stuff like weddings in that month, and pay tributes to the ghosts one way or another.  A popular way is to burn fake money with a hundred zeros printed on them. 

I first became suspicious when my parents and I were together in a taxi.  The driver screamed and hit the curb when he saw someone with an umbrella during a sunny day.  In Chinese culture, ghosts like to use umbrellas when they walk on earth.  So I asked my parents what the hell was going on (I was like 20 at the time).  In typical fashion they didn't say a word.  So I asked around and figured it out. 

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Six mos after entering the Army in 1984, My mom forwarded my mail that she got while I was in basic training. Shell Oil offered me a job as an oil rig worker.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on August 22, 2011, 08:54:30 PM
  So I asked my parents what the hell was going on (I was like 20 at the time).  In typical fashion they didn't say a word.

:lightbulb:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Siege on August 22, 2011, 05:02:43 PM
A Pseudo-History channel show called "Ancient Aliens".

God, that show sucks so bad. They don't even make a token attempt at scientific analysis - the whole show consists of hypothesizing without any proof backing it up. "It coulda happened! Maybe!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on August 23, 2011, 02:29:44 AM
Quote from: Siege on August 22, 2011, 05:02:43 PM
A Pseudo-History channel show called "Ancient Aliens".

God, that show sucks so bad. They don't even make a token attempt at scientific analysis - the whole show consists of hypothesizing without any proof backing it up. "It coulda happened! Maybe!"
SI-FI Channel should be running that show.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".