News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Left 4 Dead Survival Pack DLC is out

Started by vinraith, April 22, 2009, 12:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

The gap between difficulty modes is huge.

A workmate and I cycled through the coop campaign. We started in normal and by the time we were at the trains we moved to hard. Thirteen retries at the farmhouse followed. :lol:
In the end we gave up and went back to normal again and did it very, very easily.

vinraith

Quote from: Iormlund on May 01, 2009, 02:24:37 PM
The gap between difficulty modes is huge.

A workmate and I cycled through the coop campaign. We started in normal and by the time we were at the trains we moved to hard. Thirteen retries at the farmhouse followed. :lol:
In the end we gave up and went back to normal again and did it very, very easily.

Finales are always basically a difficulty level above the rest of the campaign in effect (though not in fact).

You think that's bad, try expert. That's where the real fun is. :D

I will say, though, that the difference between 4 real people and, say, 3 people and 1 bot is enormous. The friendly AI really and truly blows (and that you can't give it orders makes it borderline worthless).

vinraith

Quote from: Phillip V on April 30, 2009, 07:34:24 PM
Steam id: jayavarman1

I keep searching on that and not getting anything, Phil. Not sure what's wrong, exactly.

Anyway, my steamid is Hypnotoad.

Phillip V

Quote from: vinraith on May 01, 2009, 02:54:41 PM

I keep searching on that and not getting anything, Phil. Not sure what's wrong, exactly.

You are thinking player name, not id/account name. There are a lot of "Hypnotoad" display names. Open your friends window and click add friend. Enter my steam id "jayavarman1". I need the same from you.

vinraith

Quote from: Phillip V on May 01, 2009, 04:11:58 PM
Quote from: vinraith on May 01, 2009, 02:54:41 PM

You are thinking player name, not id/account name. There are a lot of "Hypnotoad" display names. Open your friends window and click add friend. Enter my steam id "jayavarman1". I need the same from you.

Ah, it's been awhile since I've added a friend that way, so I'd forgotten. I'm just "vinraith" in that case.

Phillip V

Quote from: vinraith on May 01, 2009, 04:20:16 PM

Ah, it's been awhile since I've added a friend that way, so I'd forgotten. I'm just "vinraith" in that case.
Done. :)

katmai

tried it out, is gory, tense and fast paced.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HisMajestyBOB

It sounds interesting, but I just bought the Orange Box so I'm not especially inclined to shell out more for another game when I'm still checking out what I've got. I'm looking at trying The Hidden-Source mod for HL2 - looks pretty cool from the youtube vids. I'll eventually give TF2 a shot once I finish HL2: Ep 1 & 2.

I haven't really been much into FPS MP for years.
I'm EricDerKonig on Steam, btw.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DisturbedPervert

Hidden looks fun on the videos but I've never been actually able to get a decent game of it.  Most servers are empty, or they're full but I get a high ping.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DisturbedPervert

Seems a bit early to be making a sequel.  I thought we were going to get more free campaigns for L4D1.

Hopefully it will be part of a bundle like with Orange Box. 

DisturbedPervert

I don't think I'm gonna get L4D2.  It's going to be a full price, stand alone game.  It's bullshit.  I bought L4D (at full price as well) with the expectation that more content would be coming.  Only 4 campaigns was lame, but I thought more were on their way. Now it's clear they never had any intention of issuing more content.  They started L4D2 immediately after L4D came out.

It also seems suspicious that the reasoning for not releasing the development tools to the modders immediately on release, was to prevent modders from coming out with content before L4D2 is released. Basically all L4D2 is, is a map pack and weapons mod, nothing that resourceful modders couldn't, and would have, done on their own.

Very disappointed in Valve.

Grey Fox

Living in Thailand has made you quite cheap.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.