News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Left 4 Dead Survival Pack DLC is out

Started by vinraith, April 22, 2009, 12:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinraith

...and Survival mode fucking rules. I wish to hell they'd add a new campaign, though, or at least get the L4D SDK out the door. Still, it's a (free) reason to return to a fun game and kill a crapload of zombies, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=2417

Incidentally if anyone wants to play, I always set my games open to people on my friends list.

Eochaid

I play L4D quite a bit with my wife and friend but we're not very good.  :blush:

I'll definitely DL the extra content though.

Kevin
It's been a while

FunkMonk

Quote from: vinraith on April 22, 2009, 12:03:37 AM
...and Survival mode fucking rules. I wish to hell they'd add a new campaign, though, or at least get the L4D SDK out the door. Still, it's a (free) reason to return to a fun game and kill a crapload of zombies, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=2417

Incidentally if anyone wants to play, I always set my games open to people on my friends list.
I haven't played in forever, but this will probably get me back in. I'll look you up whenever I login to Steam.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

fhdz

Awesome.  I may get to play again soon.
and the horse you rode in on

Phillip V

Scipio

Just got retail L4D for 15.27 + tax.  It's good to live a few blocks away from a salvage store.

Motherfucker.  That game is fucking INTENSE.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Vince

Quote from: Eochaid on April 22, 2009, 03:42:06 AM

I play L4D quite a bit with my wife and friend but we're not very good.  :blush:

I'll definitely DL the extra content though.

Kevin

Hey dont feel bad I've been told multiple times in game I have an uncanny ability to shoot my teammates in the back of the head.  :XD:

Iormlund

So is this game worth the equivalent of $60 despite only having 4 maps? :unsure:
And what's with this DLC thingy? You have to pay for further content?

vinraith

Quote from: Iormlund on April 24, 2009, 12:36:23 AM
So is this game worth the equivalent of $60 despite only having 4 maps? :unsure:
And what's with this DLC thingy? You have to pay for further content?

The DLC is free, so that's not an issue. $60, however, would definitely be too steep IMO. Each campaign is a couple of hours long, and because of the AI director each is heavily replayable, but $40 would be my absolute limit (I personally got it for $25 on sale awhile back).

It's a great, fun game, but I'd wait for a price drop if you can't find it cheaper than $60.

Eochaid

I tried out the new Survival mode this weekend.

It was awesome!  :cool:

Kevin
It's been a while

vinraith

Left 4 Dead is 40% off on Steam this weekend (that's $24 in the U.S.) for anyone that's interested but hasn't taken the plunge.

Phillip V

Iormlund

Plus today you can try it for free.

And boy is this shit intense!

Seen

I like survival mode, but definitly suck at it  :cry: