Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Brazen on August 19, 2011, 08:15:29 AM
Alcon Entertainment said the film will be a prequel or sequel,
"This is a total reinvention,

Make up your minds, will you?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on August 19, 2011, 11:19:17 AM
He's going to be busy. According to Wiki:

QuoteIn April 2008, Scott announced his new project, The Kind One, a period drama set for release in 2012. The film will star recent Academy Award nominee Casey Affleck.[26] It is based on the novel of the same name by screenwriter Tom Epperson.

On 12 October 2008, Scott confirmed that after a 25 year wait for the rights to become available, he is making a return to science fiction with a film adaptation of the book The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. He was looking for a script writer.[27] In March 2009, Scott confirmed that the film would be in 3D citing James Cameron's Avatar as an inspiration for doing so. "I'm filming a book by Joe Haldeman called Forever War. I've got a good writer doing it. I've seen some of James Cameron's work, and I've got to go 3D. It's going to be phenomenal."[28][29]

Another science fiction project to which Scott has been attached is an adaptation of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, with Leonardo DiCaprio also attached.[30]

On 31 July 2009, news of a two part prequel to Alien surfaced, with Ridley attached to direct.[31] The film is being developed by 20th Century Fox.[32]. In August 2011, information leaked about production of a new installment by Alcon Entertainment, with Alcon partners Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. [33]

Scott announced on 15 October 2009 that he will direct a film adaptation of the Red Riding trilogy.[34]

The only one of those that is really being done is the Prometheus one.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2011, 01:24:17 PM
I know this is heresy, but I like the Harrison Ford voice over version.

It is heresy;  after all, a noir voiceover accompanying a noir film?  ABSTROLUTELY APPAULLING

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

LaCroix

the guy who gave us robin hood is making a blade runner flick? ugh  :rolleyes: