Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I still think it's gonna be Mitt.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2011, 06:32:55 PM
That makes her even hotter.

I can't claim credit.  Either Fate or Foeiileean introduced it here.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 29, 2011, 06:36:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2011, 06:32:55 PM
That makes her even hotter.

I can't claim credit.  Either Fate or Foeiileean introduced it here.
I'm guessing Faelin.  Fate's idea of high comedy is to read off what MoveOn thinks that the Republican talking points are.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habsburg

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 29, 2011, 05:35:09 PM
If not Perry or Romney, then who would it be? Bachmann is too busy embarrassing herself. Ron Paul is a pretty effective primary campaigner, but he can't break through the barrier into the broader party. The whole GOP seems to be pissed at Gingrich. Nobody else has polled significant enough numbers. It would have to be a late entry, but I don't think that's going to happen. The choices available are what we'll see, IMO.

I agree one of those two will take the nomination.  I'm hoping for Romney, oh wait, what!?!  :huh:

Siege

Perry would be to Obama what Kerry was to Bush.
A candidate too far out to the extreme for most americans to vote for.
I really hope Romney gets to run, otherwise we would have another 4 years of Obama mismangement of the economy.
I think I have ever seen a president more clueless about the economy.
He is just like a fucking muslim blaming everything on outside factors.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

Quote from: Habsburg on August 29, 2011, 04:01:34 PM
Frankly, I'll be VERY disappointed if the GOP takes Perry as it's candidate.  :yuk:
I'm not feeling it, he reminds me of Fred Thompson, with a little more energy.

I wish he reminded me of Fred Thompson.  I mean, I like Perry okay, but he's no Fred Thompson.

QuoteBut I'm not feeling Romney is going to happen??  The party seems in an uber-right mood.

My money is still on Romney.  Perry is the new guy & just like Bachmann with her run, I don't think he'll sustain the level of enthusiasm for him.  And the party tends to go uber-right for pretty much any primary season in recent history.

QuoteGo Huntsman! (not going to happen...but I can dream)

:bleeding:  I'm not a huge fan of the term 'RINO' & think it gets way, way overused, but Huntsman fits that description all too well.  And he's a collossal wuss who would be completely destroyed in the general election.  He's probably the one guy in the field who would make me seriously consider voting for a 3rd party candidate.

I'm about evenly split between Romney & Perry at this point.  Romney may win me back if he shows more feistiness like this: http://indianolarecordherald.desmoinesregister.com/VideoNetwork/1105912049001/Romney-hecklers-exchange-words-at-Iowa-State-Fair

And Perry may sway me to his side if he seems likely to get Rudy as his running mate.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Given the ideological poison that seems to have infected the party, a RINO is just what the Republicans need to lead them out of the dark.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Zoupa

Obama would wipe the floor with Romney in the debates.

I don't see him not getting re-elected.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Siege on August 29, 2011, 09:25:57 PM

The "Muslim" would blame everything on a inside conspiracy, as opposed to doing looking at economic fundamentals, aka "outside factors" like real economists do.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Perry would be to Obama what Kerry was to Bush.
A candidate too far out to the extreme for most americans to vote for.
I really hope Romney gets to run, otherwise we would have another 4 years of Obama mismangement of the economy.
I think I have ever seen a president more clueless about the economy.

You mean like the Tea Party?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habsburg

Quote from: Neil on August 29, 2011, 09:50:33 PM
Given the ideological poison that seems to have infected the party, a RINO is just what the Republicans need to lead them out of the dark.

Danke.

Siege

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 30, 2011, 06:10:56 PM

The "Muslim" would blame everything on a inside conspiracy, as opposed to doing looking at economic fundamentals, aka "outside factors" like real economists do.

But, you told me to vote for Romney!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habsburg

I wish Christine Lagarde could run for POTUS.  :(

Neil

Quote from: Habsburg on September 04, 2011, 08:32:49 PM
I wish Christine Lagarde could run for POTUS.  :(
She's unelectable, for obvious reasons.