News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A tale of two Texans

Started by Razgovory, August 19, 2011, 03:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on August 27, 2011, 01:12:19 PM
No, Perry. Unlike Bachmann, he's a governor, and he attracts the right wing base. Bachmann's already fizzling. And Obama's dead IMO if the economy continues to worsen. So...

Fuck dude he is a TEXAS GOVERNOR.  A figurehead.  And he sucks as a figurehead.  What the fuck is wrong with people?  I swear it is general knowledge the Texas governor has little power but it seems like nobody cares about that simple fact.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2011, 09:57:34 PM
No, Perry. Unlike Bachmann, he's a governor, and he attracts the right wing base. Bachmann's already fizzling. And Obama's dead IMO if the economy continues to worsen. So...

Fuck dude he is a TEXAS GOVERNOR.  A figurehead.  And he sucks as a figurehead.  What the fuck is wrong with people?  I swear it is general knowledge the Texas governor has little power but it seems like nobody cares about that simple fact.

Nobody cared in 2000, why should anyone care now?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 27, 2011, 10:06:39 PM
Nobody cared in 2000, why should anyone care now?

Well as I said at least Bush was a really good Texas Governor.  I thought maybe surrounded by his dad's peeps he would make a good figurehead president.

But really if who the Republicans want to be President are worthless people, they could do worse than continually nominate Texas Governors.

At least the Democrats were not that idiotic when most of the Texas Governors were Dems.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

What we really need to do is make the Texas Governor do more governing if it going to be new vetting office for Presidents.  I will tell my state rep to get on that.

Ideologue

I didn't know that.

Did you know magistrates are appointed by the governor with the advice and consent of the legislature in South Carolina?  That's a simple fact too, but you probably didn't know it.  Other than that you have a governor, I know little about the gubernatorial office of Texas.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zoupa

Sometimes there's not much you can say.

Berkut

Quote from: Zoupa on August 27, 2011, 11:17:06 PM

That happens with you quite a bit actually.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Zoupa

Admiral Yi

The Jon Stewart method.

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 28, 2011, 03:43:40 PM

The Jon Stewart method.

It's hard to convey an atmosphere, a context, a vibe, a feeling in words. De plus, en anglais, faut pas trop m'en demander Elvis.

Faeelin

As others pointed out, so what? It didn't stop how people viewed Bush... and I don't think you would claim Perry hasn't gotten a lot of legislation he wanted passed, no?

Habsburg

Frankly, I'll be VERY disappointed if the GOP takes Perry as it's candidate.  :yuk:
I'm not feeling it, he reminds me of Fred Thompson, with a little more energy.

But I'm not feeling Romney is going to happen??  The party seems in an uber-right mood.

Go Huntsman! (not going to happen...but I can dream)

MadImmortalMan

If not Perry or Romney, then who would it be? Bachmann is too busy embarrassing herself. Ron Paul is a pretty effective primary campaigner, but he can't break through the barrier into the broader party. The whole GOP seems to be pissed at Gingrich. Nobody else has polled significant enough numbers. It would have to be a late entry, but I don't think that's going to happen. The choices available are what we'll see, IMO.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

If Caribou Barbie tossed her furry hat with ear flaps into the ring she'd be an instant contender.