News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A tale of two Texans

Started by Razgovory, August 19, 2011, 03:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Surprise, surprise, Razberry tosses out an argument he got from Moveon then changes the subject when it gets countered.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2011, 06:43:09 PM
Surprise, surprise, Razberry tosses out an argument he got from Moveon then changes the subject when it gets countered.

You know, I've never actually went to that website.  Seriously.  I got it from Time Magazine.  I even had a link.  I don't recall changing the subject either.  I'm just pondering why Grumbler does things.  I don't understand why he does things.  Hell, I don't understand why I do things.  So trying to guess what Grumbler means is probably fruitless.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2011, 07:55:57 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2011, 07:51:01 AM
I've never voted for anyone like them, and won't start now. If anyone but Romney gets nominated I'll vote Obama.

Did you vote for McCain or Bush?
You know I did. Neither of them were anywhere near as far to the right as Perry or Bachman.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2011, 06:53:31 PM
You know, I've never actually went to that website.  Seriously.  I got it from Time Magazine.  I even had a link.  I don't recall changing the subject either.  I'm just pondering why Grumbler does things.  I don't understand why he does things.  Hell, I don't understand why I do things.  So trying to guess what Grumbler means is probably fruitless.

You got the article on the specifics from Time.  You got the talking point "Gramm created the financial crisis" from somewhere else.

MadImmortalMan

Meh. There are other people way more responsible for that crap than he is.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2011, 06:59:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2011, 06:53:31 PM

You got the article on the specifics from Time.  You got the talking point "Gramm created the financial crisis" from somewhere else.

I did?  Where?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2011, 07:06:23 PM
I did?  Where?

My guess would be some Moveon/MSNBC type web site, the one you use to hunt down all the stories about retarded Republicans doing this or that.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2011, 07:37:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2011, 07:06:23 PM
I did?  Where?

My guess would be some Moveon/MSNBC type web site, the one you use to hunt down all the stories about retarded Republicans doing this or that.

Oh I thought you knew.  You seemed to know "from somewhere else".  I thought perhaps you knew specifically.  Cause I don't.  I told you, I don't do that Moveon.org thing.  Never have.  As for MSNBC, I'm more of a CNN guy myself.  Like you know, where I got the article in the OP.  Honest to God.

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2011, 04:50:02 PM
Why is this a nerve with you?  I am perplexed.
I am perplexed as to why you dodge a simple question:  did you graduate from college, or not?

Surely if Somebody's third-grade performance fifty years is worthy of comment, your adult academic performance of the last decade is, as well.

Yet you keep dodging the issue.  Why?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2011, 06:22:38 PM
I'm still a bit bemused by grumbler's reaction.  He claimed that my attack on Gramm was pathetic. 
Re-read my comment.  You are missing the point.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2011, 06:59:37 PM
Probably the place where he got the "Gramm flunked three grades" from.  Basic math tells you that's bullshit, because Gramm graduated from high school at age 18 (a late 18, because he did flunk third grade).  But math/logic stuffs have never been Raz's strong points.  Gullibility and credulity are his strong points.

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2011, 09:12:19 PM
I am perplexed as to why you dodge a simple question:  did you graduate from college, or not?

Surely if Somebody's third-grade performance fifty years is worthy of comment, your adult academic performance of the last decade is, as well.

Nope.  What's it to you, sailor?  Do I have to walk a mile in a man's shoes before I criticize him?

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2011, 09:14:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2011, 06:22:38 PM
I'm still a bit bemused by grumbler's reaction.  He claimed that my attack on Gramm was pathetic. 
Re-read my comment.  You are missing the point.

Spell it out for me, since you know, math/logic ain't my strong points.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Razgovory on August 27, 2011, 09:31:03 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2011, 09:12:19 PM

Nope.  What's it to you, sailor?  Do I have to walk a mile in a man's shoes before I criticize him?

It should be easy to get Gramm's shoes. Tell him to bundle them with some cheap Walmart sneakers.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2011, 04:51:42 PM
As Joan pointed out some time ago, the repeal of Glass-Steagall had zero impact on the financial crisis.

:bleeding: