News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Boat owners... to me!

Started by Caliga, August 20, 2011, 06:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

So now that Princesca is back to work I gots tons of extra flow and can revisit one of my earlier projects: tripping out my boat.  The first thing I think I want to do is put a trolling motor on it, both so I can troll fish (maybe I'll catch a Jaron!) and also as an emergency propulsion source and for more deft maneuvering.  Last weekend I had the boat out and was thinking how nice it would have been to pull in closer to the bald cypress I tied up to without having to keep starting up the gas engine.

Anyone have a trolling motor and is it a transom mount or a bow mount?  Brand, lbs thrust, etc. would be nice to know.  I have a 22' 'toon with a 75 HP outboard.

I'll probably get rid of my crappy old Hummingbird fishfinder and replace it with a nice new GPS/fishfinder next.

Hmmm... does anyone other than Pete have a boat around here? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

The Brain

Quotethe bald cypress I tied up

"Cypress"?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on August 20, 2011, 06:40:54 AM
:blush: More coffee is needed. :)

We don't blame you;  you're white.  It's not your fault.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on August 20, 2011, 06:10:08 AM
I have a 22' 'toon with a 75 HP outboard.

You could always add a nice little 9.9hp troller next to the 75;  anything larger would block the depth charge rack.

HisMajestyBOB

I hope to own a boat someday.  :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Ha... yep, 'Redneck Yacht Club' is basically a perfect description.  My lake looks exactly like the one in the video in terms of geography, the type of boats on it, etc.  The video was filmed at Percy Priest Lake, which is down in Nashville but very similar to my lake.

In fact, we call our marina 'the Redneck Yacht Club' and people play that song constantly around the marina and on their boats. :alberta: