And we're back!

Main Menu

Has anyone been to Easter Island?

Started by alfred russel, August 18, 2011, 06:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on August 19, 2011, 01:10:35 PM
Pretty cool statue.

I think we ought to build more huge statues.

Big Butter Jesus is coming back.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2011, 01:12:13 PM
Pretty cool statue.

Good.  It was awesome.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Poor God.  His worshipers can never take a hint.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on August 19, 2011, 01:14:34 PM
Pretty cool statue.

Good.  It was awesome.

This time, he won't be made out of styrofoam and fiberglass.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2011, 01:19:31 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 19, 2011, 01:14:34 PM
Pretty cool statue.

Good.  It was awesome.

This time, he won't be made out of styrofoam and fiberglass.

:D
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2011, 01:07:59 PM
Orange barrel season hasn't been too bad this year. Malfunction Junction (I-75 and I-70 interchange) is a total clusterfuck. I think it was less dangerous before they fucked with everything.

The hell it has.  I'd like a word with the fucker who is in charge of construction on the I-471 to I-275 interchange*.  Not only did they decide to start the week before July 4th, but there's no end in sight and I can't even tell what the hell they're "improving".  Under more normal conditions it takes just about 20 minutes to get from work to my kid's pre-school, but it's been taking an hour or more with the construction.

*this is technically in Northern KY, but I've petitioned Gov. Kasich to annex that corridor so I don't have to drive through Kentucky on my work commute.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

There is nothing necessarily wrong with unfinished public works projects, as long as people are still working on them.  That doesn't seem to be the case with the Cincinnati subway, though.  :(

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2011, 02:21:33 PM
I'd like a word with the fucker who is in charge of the I-471 to I-275 interchange*. 

Ok I did a little bit of work on this to help you out.
The good news is you got your word.  The bad news is that your word is "licorice"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: alfred russel on August 19, 2011, 05:41:39 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 18, 2011, 08:31:57 PM
Take pics please :)

I will, but have no idea how to post them, so don't expect to see much.  :P

Tim--thanks for the tip. You must be back from vacation? I haven't noticed many news articles posted lately.

www.photobucket.com :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2011, 02:21:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2011, 01:07:59 PM
Orange barrel season hasn't been too bad this year. Malfunction Junction (I-75 and I-70 interchange) is a total clusterfuck. I think it was less dangerous before they fucked with everything.

The hell it has.  I'd like a word with the fucker who is in charge of the I-471 to I-275 interchange*.  Not only did they decide to start the week before July 4th, but there's no end in sight and I can't even tell what the hell they're "improving".  Under more normal conditions it takes just about 20 minutes to get from work to my kid's pre-school, but it's been taking an hour or more with the construction.

*this is technically in Northern KY, but I've petitioned Gov. Kasich to annex that corridor so I don't have to drive through Kentucky on my work commute.

I try to avoid Cincy if at all possible.

derspiess

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2011, 05:22:18 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2011, 04:26:35 PM

More goetta for me, then :contract:

I, Edward Q. Anger, hereby willfully gives his share of Goetta and Cincinnati style chili to one 'Derspiess', aka 'Spicy'.

Edward Q. Anger

Caliga

:cool:

I was going to go to Goettafest the other weekend when I was up at those outlets in Mason, but ran out of time so I just went to the Hofbrauhaus instead.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2011, 05:27:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2011, 04:26:35 PM

I, Edward Q. Anger, hereby willfully gives his share of Goetta and Cincinnati style chili to one 'Derspiess', aka 'Spicy'.

Edward Q. Anger

I'll keep the chili but will assign both of my goetta shares to Cal.