News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Old Republic - 25 mins gameplay video

Started by JonasSalk, August 18, 2011, 01:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

My greatest hope for this game is that it siphons off enough players from WoW that Blizzard has to come out with a v. 2.0 to get them back rather than just putting out another expansion.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

JonasSalk

I got into a portion of the beta, which goes for three days and starts October 7, 6pm EST for me.  Yee haw.

If you've signed up, go and check your stuff at http://www.swtor.com/tester and see if you got in. The game is 30gb or so, so you might want to start downloading now if you think you'll want to play right when it starts.
Yuman

szmik

Quote from: JonasSalk on October 06, 2011, 01:33:56 PM
I got into a portion of the beta, which goes for three days and starts October 7, 6pm EST for me.  Yee haw.

If you've signed up, go and check your stuff at http://www.swtor.com/tester and see if you got in. The game is 30gb or so, so you might want to start downloading now if you think you'll want to play right when it starts.

they want your phone number ffs :rolleyes:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Barrister

Quote from: szmik on October 06, 2011, 01:48:48 PM
Quote from: JonasSalk on October 06, 2011, 01:33:56 PM

they want your phone number ffs :rolleyes:

I'm more :rolleyes: at the ntion of a 30GB download.  I think it would make my connection blow up.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on October 06, 2011, 02:08:04 PM
I'm more :rolleyes: at the ntion of a 30GB download.  I think it would make my connection blow up.

That's sad. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I've cancelled my pre-order, because I can't make the time investment of playing an MMO anymore.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

The only mildly interesting feature of this -it appears- is the main storylines for each class. In other words you would be playing a single player game with bad graphics and a monthly fee.

Am I enough of a Star Wars nerd to do that? Probably. We will see.

Caliga

My brother got in to the beta, too.  I just can't get excited about this game till it actually launches and (if) it gets rave reviews.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Aren't you with Shaw?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on October 07, 2011, 08:29:34 AM
Aren't you with Shaw?

Yes.  Pretty sure DLs are capped at some point.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on October 07, 2011, 08:47:18 AM
Aren't you with Shaw?

125gb/month on the 40$ plan.

Netflix is going to bust that.  :lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 07, 2011, 08:57:43 AM
Quote from: Barrister on October 07, 2011, 08:47:18 AM
Aren't you with Shaw?

125gb/month on the 40$ plan.

Netflix is going to bust that.  :lol:

:(

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.