News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 12

Started by MadBurgerMaker, July 12, 2011, 09:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Oh my.  Just beat Nevada with San Jose State 23-22.  20 points in the 4th Q, including a TD pass with 0:05 left, no timeouts, and the clock running from a failed QB sneak the previous play.  It was only from the 3, but still.  Nevada had been roughing my offense up until the 4th, when I went exclusively no huddle and all pass (except for the QB sneak that failed miserably and the 2pt conversion that I would have challenged if I could).  They blitzed a DB and LB and left one of my 5 WR's (this particular one is actually a CB haha) wide open just standing on the goal line.

Play of the game?  Some other TD pass.   The game winner got a "Home Grade" of B+.   :lol:

Interesting how a video game can make your morning coffee taste better, and make the fact that you're way behind on work...well....who cares?  There's football to be played.

Edit:  Eh heh heh: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/81157635

Doesn't really look like much without a scoreboard on the screen.  Also, I just noticed that W put SJSU over .500 all time at 452-451-37.  Heh.  I'm going to skullfuck New Mexico State.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2011, 04:49:20 PM
so I picked up L.A. Noire

Cool.  I can start calling you Roy & you'll understand what it means ;)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

The video game gives, and the video game takes away.

I was absolutely MURDERING Southern Mississippi.  My running back, on my first offensive play of the game, ran 80 yards for a TD.  On my second, he ran 60 for another one.  On and on it went.  Dude had 4 TDs and something like 280 yards at the half.  My QB had some obscene number of passing yards (200+) and 3 TDs, and only one incomplete pass at the half.  Every starter had that red pulsing circle under him.  The linemen were pancaking everyone on the snap, then running forward and destroying the next guy they came across.  It was amazing.  I was cackling like a crazy person.  Winning 48 - 0, my second string came in to start the 3rd, and my backup RB immediately had back to back 20 yard runs.  As he was getting up from the second one.....

.....the game froze.

WELP

I'm thinking about dropping it down to freshman difficulty (this was on AA) and cranking up my sliders and seeing if I can replicate it, but the domination was so complete, I don't know if it will happen.  It certainly wouldn't feel the same.

CountDeMoney

Stupid ass dynasty mode.

Says you can run as many as 12 dynasties at once, but unlike previous editions, I don't see how you can do it.  Any ideas, MBM?

derspiess

My spoiled 5 year old nephew saw a commercial for NCAA 12 and started pestering his parents non-stop to buy it for him.  Doesn't matter that he wouldn't be able to tell any difference between 12, 11, 09, etc. other than the actual year number; he thought the commercial was cool so he insists on playing it.

Well, some wise-ass in the family told him I had it, so he's been calling me asking to borrow it.  Sorry, dude.  Help yourself to NCAA 09 or 10, but no kid is getting his grubby hands on my NCAA 12 until I've had some time to play through a few seasons.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2011, 09:16:48 AM
Stupid ass dynasty mode.

Says you can run as many as 12 dynasties at once, but unlike previous editions, I don't see how you can do it.  Any ideas, MBM?

Only way I can think of doing it is to start the dynasty with a team, then scroll over to Coach Central, go into the Coach Info thing, and create a new coach, etcetcetc.  Once you're done, you'll have two/however many teams in the Dynasty Central tab.  Kinda clunky this year.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 21, 2011, 03:22:24 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2011, 09:16:48 AM
Stupid ass dynasty mode.

Only way I can think of doing it is to start the dynasty with a team, then scroll over to Coach Central, go into the Coach Info thing, and create a new coach, etcetcetc.  Once you're done, you'll have two/however many teams in the Dynasty Central tab.  Kinda clunky this year.

Well, it's pretty fucking stupid.

MadBurgerMaker

CountDeMoney

I'm so fucking disgusted with this.

Last year, all you had to do was select Number of Users, and fill in the teams, all on the same screen.  Bam.  Piece of fucking cake.

Now, if you want to have multiple users, you HAVE TO CREATE A NEW FUCKING COACH FOR EVERY FUCKING TEAM YOU WANT.  What fucking bullshit.

Way to go, EA.  You're worse than CCP.  LOLZ ITS NOT BROKE LETS FIXIT

CountDeMoney

On an unrelated note, I punked an OSU fanboi with Notre Dame in my first online match, 10-0.  Shut the bitch OUT.

Kids these days simply do not know how to read coverages.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2011, 07:05:05 PM
On an unrelated note, I punked an OSU fanboi with Notre Dame in my first online match, 10-0.  Shut the bitch OUT.

I know you read this, Ed.  Fuck you.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 30, 2011, 07:27:15 PM

I know, I know. I haven't even gotten around to picking this game up yet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Ed doesn't play fantasy games.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on August 01, 2011, 10:44:06 PM

Ed doesn't play fantasy games.

I'd offer to play you online, but Sony hasn't developed the hoop and stick Move controllers yet.

Sophie Scholl

I traded in the 360 for a PS3 and got this.  Not bad so far.  Kind of jumped into a dynasty as Miami of Ohio.  2-0 right now.  We'll see how things go...
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."