And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 12

Started by MadBurgerMaker, July 12, 2011, 09:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on July 12, 2011, 10:23:49 PM
Welp, was considering buying it before.   :P

:D  It's really weird.  I'm pretty sure UTSA would be falling all over themselves to keep a coaching staff that put up 10 wins in the first two years the team was in 1A. 

Anyway, I think I'm going to start over and use the air raid playbook.  Funslingin.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 13, 2011, 06:09:25 AM
:D  It's really weird.  I'm pretty sure UTSA would be falling all over themselves to keep a coaching staff that put up 10 wins in the first two years the team was in 1A. 

Obviously your contract demands were far too high for them.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2011, 06:12:00 AM
Obviously your contract demands were far too high for them.

CountDeMoney

You sharpshootin' me, boy?

MadBurgerMaker

Okay the air raid is boring, even BYU's version with good running sets.  I wonder how the option is in this game. 

Edit: Oh also recruiting is still slow and kinda lame in-game.  A way around it is to run a 1 player online dynasty so you can do that on the computer.  Much MUCH faster and easier for recruiting, a bit slower between weeks.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2011, 01:12:57 PM
Is there a region free version of XBox? I'm tired of the NFL games.
Madden this year is actually looking amazing.  They finally got their shit together and re did franchise and superstar modes.  The guy who was in charge of it worked on NFL Headcoach before, so a lot of the elements from that are in it.  I was all prepared to toss Madden by the wayside till I read about that.  As for NCAA 12, my friends and I are thinking of starting a league.  We each pick a shitty to mediocre team in different divisions and try to build them up to contenders.  I haven't decided who to choose yet for my team.  I need to see the overall ratings.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 13, 2011, 02:13:38 PM
As for NCAA 12, my friends and I are thinking of starting a league.  We each pick a shitty to mediocre team in different divisions and try to build them up to contenders.  I haven't decided who to choose yet for my team.  I need to see the overall ratings.

Idaho?  They're a C overall with a C+ defense and C offense.  Bonus: They play in that tiny little dome. 

Edit:  If you move the top of the WAC to the MWC like they'll be doing, Idaho is in pretty good shape to win games too, although LaTech is the best remaining overall team IIRC.

CountDeMoney

I rolled into Best Buy to grab NCAA 2012, and was kindly informed that they had a Buy-2-Get-1-Free deal, so I picked up L.A. Noire and Brink for shits and giggles.

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 13, 2011, 02:29:42 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 13, 2011, 02:13:38 PM
As for NCAA 12, my friends and I are thinking of starting a league.  We each pick a shitty to mediocre team in different divisions and try to build them up to contenders.  I haven't decided who to choose yet for my team.  I need to see the overall ratings.

Idaho?  They're a C overall with a C+ defense and C offense.  Bonus: They play in that tiny little dome. 

Edit:  If you move the top of the WAC to the MWC like they'll be doing, Idaho is in pretty good shape to win games too, although LaTech is the best remaining overall team IIRC.

Can
Can't recruit for shit in Idaho though.  You need to find a shitty little school in a recruiting hotbed; I got Army (NY) turned around real quick in the last version I played.  San Jose State was another good one.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on July 13, 2011, 06:21:43 PM
Can
Can't recruit for shit in Idaho though.  You need to find a shitty little school in a recruiting hotbed; I got Army (NY) turned around real quick in the last version I played.  San Jose State was another good one.

Idaho has a California pipeline, so they'll recruit there pretty well.  They've got players from all up and down the west coast though.  San Jose State is a D overall, and seems worse than that.  They're who I'm doing the one player online dynasty with.  I don't know...sometimes a team is almost too awful, and it ends up being a chore instead of fun.  Sure, it could just be the shitty mood I'm in today, but I don't like using Eastern Michigan either, and IIRC, they're the only other straight D team out there. The teams who's games vs. "FCS West" are a tossup.

Another good one is Central Michigan, who has dropped off a bit since LeFevour left and they hired a coach from Michigan State.  You can go absolutely apeshit with them. Just be sure to move them back to the spread offense (or something similar) that brought them so much success and that pretty much every starter was recruited to play in. 

PDH

I bet Wyoming is a recruiting dream!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on July 13, 2011, 10:36:02 PM
I bet Wyoming is a recruiting dream!

Don't knock those Cowboys;  my #2 Greatest Game All Time was my upset of Texas, 19-14, in last year's NCAA game.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2011, 05:26:52 AM
Don't knock those Cowboys;  my #2 Greatest Game All Time was my upset of Texas, 19-14, in last year's NCAA game.

Hell I almost saw that live with the first halves of the two games I went to with Peedee. :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I am waiting for Neil to show up and wonder how anybody could stomach the inferiority of NCAA 12 when you could be playing NFL 12.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2011, 09:10:50 AM
I am waiting for Neil to show up and wonder how anybody could stomach the inferiority of NCAA 12 when you could be playing NFL 12.

But you can't, not until late August. That's mostly why he hasn't posted yet.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.