News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 12

Started by MadBurgerMaker, July 12, 2011, 09:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

So yesterday I decided I needed football a lot, said "fuck it," and traded in Madden 11 and NCAA 11 to preorder this.  I'm supposed to go pick it up in an hour. 

New features:
3d grass, coaching carousel (start off as a coordinator if you want), collision based tackling, very customizable conferences in dynasty mode, some new stuff in superstar mode, other stuff.  Whatever. 

Screenshot:

Ralphie is in there too.  All other mascots suck and aren't worth mentioning.

I don't really know what else to say.  The demo has been out for a while I guess, but I haven't gotten around to playing it, and it's supposed to be a pretty old build anyway.  It's an NCAA football game.  It's not going to be radically different from the previous version. 

Anyone getting this?  If you're a PS3 type, let me know and you can kick the shit out of me online sometime. 

e: Oh...my PSN name thing is madburgermaker.

Grey Fox

Apparently the new tackle button is pretty cool.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2011, 09:45:11 AM

New tackle button?  Tell me more while I wait for this release day patch to DL.

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 12, 2011, 10:38:23 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2011, 09:45:11 AM

New tackle button?  Tell me more while I wait for this release day patch to DL.

Everything I know about it is contained in this little paragraph.

QuoteThe gameplay is NCAA. It feels a bit tighter; I like the new tackling and I don't see nearly as much suction and player phasing. But I've played a total of 3 games so it's merely early impressions at this point. I surprisingly love the new tackle button which at E3 I thought sounded incredibly silly. "It allows you to set your feet and make a sure tackle." Umm...ok. What this really does is effectively removes the DIVE button which is the worst thing to ever hit videogame football. This results in no more 5 yard flying tackles and that animation where the RB looks like he's been shot in the back, Willem DaFoe Platoon style. Now when you press X on defense your player sort of lunges forward and while I technically think you can call it a dive it's more of a controlled fall. It's much, much better.

From nohighscores.com

MadBurgerMaker

Hm.  Nice.  That does indeed sound better than a button that makes your dude dive 5 yards for a tackle. 

I needed a system update too, it seems, so I'm waiting for that now.  I also seem to have gotten a code for Pro Combat uniforms for pre-ordering from Gamestop.  Right on, I guess.

Edit: TCU, Boise State, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, and VaTech are the unlocked uniforms.  Apparently, there are more you can unlock if you play the demo.  Meh.

Syt

Is there a region free version of XBox? I'm tired of the NFL games.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

NCAA usually gets release in Europe too.

Syt

Amazon.co.uk lists '10 as last XBox version available, '11 for PS3 and has NFL12 for both for pre-order.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2011, 01:49:14 PM
Amazon.co.uk lists '10 as last XBox version available, '11 for PS3 and has NFL12 for both for pre-order.

That's good then. It comes out today in the US. Here, sometime in the next week. I guess a couple of weeks for Europe?

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 12, 2011, 10:46:53 AM
Hm.  Nice.  That does indeed sound better than a button that makes your dude dive 5 yards for a tackle. 

I needed a system update too, it seems, so I'm waiting for that now.  I also seem to have gotten a code for Pro Combat uniforms for pre-ordering from Gamestop.  Right on, I guess.

Edit: TCU, Boise State, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, and VaTech are the unlocked uniforms.  Apparently, there are more you can unlock if you play the demo.  Meh.

Plus with the Ohio state one, you get free tattoos.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Picked up my pre-order copy today at Gamestop.  When I saw that they weren't including WVU's Pro Combat uniforms, I almost canceled my pre-order.  But it's NCAA--  I don't think I've skipped getting it since 1997 (yes, I'm a sucker since the games are nearly identical each year, so what).  So I'm just telling myself it's part of their 2-year probation...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Shit.  I knew I was supposed to go to the store to buy something today.  I blanked, so I got milk instead.

sbr

I'm tempted.  I haven't bought an NCAA game in 3-4 years but I haven't powered my 360 on in probably 8 months.

MadBurgerMaker

Something might be wrong with the coaching carousel.  I just got shitcanned after going 20-6 with two bowl wins (Humanitarian and Hawaii) and a conference championship in two years at UTSA (WAC).  All goals were met, and for the most part vastly exceeded, but for some reason my job security was constantly hovering around 50%.

Then NC State (6-8 record, 80's in all categories, so not an awful team) hired me.  So...now I'm a coach in a BCS conference.  After being fired by UTSA.

:huh:

Alcibiades

Welp, was considering buying it before.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain