News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

U.S. refuses Taiwan request for new jets

Started by jimmy olsen, August 16, 2011, 02:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Very sad.  Forget aircraft, we should be giving the free Chinese the nukes we'd refuse to deploy.

Incidentally, I hate seeing "Taiwan" in an article.  It's the Republic of China, the legitimate sovereign of 1.3 billion people.  It's not difficult to remember.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Faeelin

Quote from: Ideologue on August 16, 2011, 08:41:12 AM
Very sad.  Forget aircraft, we should be giving the free Chinese the nukes we'd refuse to deploy.

Incidentally, I hate seeing "Taiwan" in an article.  It's the Republic of China, the legitimate sovereign of 1.3 billion people.  It's not difficult to remember.

I had no idea the rest of China wanted to be ruled by the guys in Taipei.

Razgovory

Quote from: Faeelin on August 16, 2011, 09:38:42 AM

The ROC still has cores on the rest of China.  Mongolia as well for that matter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2011, 09:52:41 AM

The ROC still has cores on the rest of China.  Mongolia as well for that matter.

I thought cores expire after 50 years.

LaCroix

Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2011, 05:13:38 AMWow, the one time that secession is actually justified and you totally miss out.

aren't you the one who always goes off about how you know nothing about china? maybe it woul-- wait, i'm arguing with raz.. NM

@thread: fuck the taiwanese. they'll be reunited within a century anyway, no need to pointlessly harm relations with a major power over such petty issues

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on August 16, 2011, 10:37:45 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2011, 09:52:41 AM

I thought cores expire after 50 years.

Not cores in accepted culture provinces.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Brazen on August 16, 2011, 06:13:31 AM
There could be an element of wanting to pacify China over the credit rating debacle. Putting up the interest rates would be rather more disastrous than losing a single deal.

:yes:
And the planes will be sold later at a more politically opportune time.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Barrister

Not according to your own government.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2011, 05:47:27 AM
Sometimes even a broken clock isn't right twice a day.
A clock that's never right is actually a clock that's in perfect working condition, that just hasn't been set properly.  :hmm:

Viking

I try to consistently refer to the PRC as the PRC, just like I refer to the DPRK as well as the ROK and ROC.

I'm considering starting to refer to the PRC as West China and the ROC as East China just to fuck with peoples minds.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on August 16, 2011, 12:52:48 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2011, 05:47:27 AM
Sometimes even a broken clock isn't right twice a day.
A clock that's never right is actually a clock that's in perfect working condition, that just hasn't been set properly.  :hmm:

It could be going backwards.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

I'd just like to point out that my reply to Faelinn was gold, and you people must be cinematically ignorant to have missed it. :weep:

Quote from: BarristerNot according to your own government.

The only reason for that is because we made a pact with the devil to fuel consumption through communist slave labor.  It's weird to act smugly about that.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on August 16, 2011, 03:07:01 PM
I'd just like to point out that my reply to Faelinn was gold, and you people must be cinematically ignorant to have missed it. :weep:

I don't get it.