News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP debate

Started by MadImmortalMan, August 11, 2011, 08:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2011, 09:27:46 AM
Isn't he the highest-placed non-lunatic, or does he figure that Perry messes that up for him?

Well since the looneys are at the wheel in the GOP at the moment he could just figure that 2016 is a bigger chance for him.

11B4V

Quote from: Viking on August 13, 2011, 06:45:26 PM
Perry is in, it's official. Now the man who called for secession in April 2009 is going for President. After looking over his wiki article, he manages to hit the wrong button on all issues.

- Creationism
- Lack of fiscal good sense
- Pro Life
- Anti Gay
- Against Planned Parenthood
- Believes Israel has a divine right to exist
- Against the HPV vaccine
- At least 234 executions (I'm not against the death penalty, I'm just against diluting it's effect by killing the innocent and the guilty guilty of lesser crimes)
- Global Warming denier

All of course in addition to the 1st Amendment smashing Prayrepalooza where he admitted that he was not competent to solve Texas' problems, so he tries praying and before the results can be tested he decides that not being able to solve Texas' problems makes him competent to solve America's problems.

I'm sorry, but this guy is a full scale red flag for all non-insane human beings.

That was then. Doesnt mean anything now. He'll tell people waht the want to hear.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2011, 09:27:46 AM
Isn't he the highest-placed non-lunatic, or does he figure that Perry messes that up for him?

It's not so much that Perry or anyone else messes things up, it's that waaaaay too much emphasis is placed on way too early straw polls, caucuses, and primaries.

Siege

I heard the other day the all the dudes in the US that make over 10 millions of taxable income a year, put all together, make around 250 billions.
Even if you were to tax 100% it doens't seem to be that much money.
So, how much money make the people that makes ove a million a year?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

About the GOP debate, they all sound better than Obama.
My problem with them is when they start talking religious stuff that should be personal.
However, any of them would get my vote against Obama.
Obama doesn't know jack about economy, makes ideological decissions regardless of the consecuences, and have sorruonded himself with yes-men.

Besides, I am tired of Obama blaming everything that happens on others.
He is like a fucking arab. He doesnt make mistakes and everything that goes wrong is due to external forces.
Replace in an islamotard's speech the great and the little satans with the tea party, and you have Obama.

Viking

Quote from: Siege on August 14, 2011, 02:28:23 PM
My problem with them is when they start talking religious stuff that should be personal.
Obama doesn't know jack about economy, makes ideological decissions regardless of the consecuences, and have sorruonded himself with yes-men.

He is like a fucking arab. He doesnt make mistakes and everything that goes wrong is due to external forces.
Replace in an islamotard's speech the great and the little satans with the tea party, and you have Obama.

Can you watch this analysis by Fareed Zakaria

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2011/08/13/gps.fareeds.take.compromise.cnn?iref=allsearch

and comment please.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Quote from: Siege on August 14, 2011, 02:28:23 PM

Another revealing insight into the mind of an average Republican voter.  Well, not quite average, and there really isn't a lot of mind to look into, it's just a figure of speech.

Razgovory

I wonder how Siege knows Obama doesn't know jack about the economy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2011, 02:50:07 PM

Because Rush says so.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on August 14, 2011, 03:18:09 PM

Because Rush says so.

Ask a stupid question...

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2011, 03:21:29 PM
Ask a stupid question...

Ok. Were you serious when you said you got fired a couple times for beating your co-workers?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Because Rush says so.

You siegy, can you comment on what Zakaria says?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on August 14, 2011, 03:56:13 PM

Because Rush says so.

Zakaria is a Muslim (I think).  I doubt Siege has any use for what he says.

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2011, 05:55:54 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 14, 2011, 03:56:13 PM

Because Rush says so.

Zakaria is a Muslim (I think).  I doubt Siege has any use for what he says.

awww.... now he's never going to listen to the argument that Obama really is a centrist.