Future of war: Private robot armies fight it out

Started by jimmy olsen, August 10, 2011, 06:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2011, 04:48:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2011, 04:46:47 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2011, 04:40:43 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2011, 01:06:39 PM
Not necessarily.  We're really running into thermodynamic barriers when it comes to computers.

You couldn't wear a computer as an earring because it would use too much power,  and therefore produce too much heat, to be comfortable.
Just use Clan double heat sinks.
:lol:

Damn cheesy clan-tech :mad:
See, there were some Clan tech that I could live with, and other that was total munch.  The heat sinks, endosteel and ferrofibrous armour wasn't so bad, but the ER PPC was worse than Hitler.

No, actually the double heat sinks were some of the worst. BattleTech was always a game of rade-offs, and heat was the most obvious one.  Double heat sinks all but removed heat as being an element of the game.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2011, 04:59:39 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2011, 04:48:39 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2011, 04:46:47 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2011, 04:40:43 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2011, 01:06:39 PM
Not necessarily.  We're really running into thermodynamic barriers when it comes to computers.

You couldn't wear a computer as an earring because it would use too much power,  and therefore produce too much heat, to be comfortable.
Just use Clan double heat sinks.
:lol:

Damn cheesy clan-tech :mad:
See, there were some Clan tech that I could live with, and other that was total munch.  The heat sinks, endosteel and ferrofibrous armour wasn't so bad, but the ER PPC was worse than Hitler.
No, actually the double heat sinks were some of the worst. BattleTech was always a game of rade-offs, and heat was the most obvious one.  Double heat sinks all but removed heat as being an element of the game.
Yeah, I guess the Clan ones were a bit much.  The IS ones didn't really bother me as much at 3 crits a pop, although there's no doubt they did change the game, making 'Mechs like the Warhammer a whole lot better.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.