The News of the World scandal
0 (0%)
The London riots
0 (0%)
The Norwegian massacre
2 (5.4%)
The Arab Winter
6 (16.2%)
The death of Amy Winehouse (The Jaron option)
0 (0%)
The Somalian famine ( :yeahright: )
0 (0%)
Other (write-in)
3 (8.1%)
The year is still young, a lot of bad things can happen
9 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Martinus

So, the year still has full four months to go, but already the number of quite groundbreaking (in some cases, like the tsunami, literally) events seems quite staggering.

Some of the events are also not over yet, so consider the possibility of the state of affairs deteriorating (for those involved - the NotW scandal deteriorating to include the Murdoch family or the tories is not necessary a bad thing, mind you. ;)). 

Eddie Teach

The Arab uprisings. Mongers getting married is a close second.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

How the Tea Baggers not only destroy America, but manage to crater most of the world with them.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2011, 07:06:08 AM
How the Tea Baggers not only destroy America, but manage to crater most of the world with them.

Btw, can we carpet-bomb US cities now? I mean, when Germans elected people who brought a global disaster in 1930s, we carpet-bombed the living shit out of them, even if it meant bombing people who didn't necessarily vote for the nutcases. I think the same reasoning should apply here.

Slargos

London riots is more of the same. World news scandal is big, but it's still just another newspaper scandal.

The imploding American economy and the Norwegian terrorist attack is certainly up there for the pure psychological impact.

Hard to name just one.

Zanza

Other: The sovereign debt crisis in Europe. I expect much worse to come in the second half of the year.

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on August 09, 2011, 07:17:10 AM
Other: The sovereign debt crisis in Europe. I expect much worse to come in the second half of the year.

Yeah, why is this huge thing hidden under "other"?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on August 09, 2011, 07:24:33 AM
Quote from: Zanza on August 09, 2011, 07:17:10 AM

Yeah, why is this huge thing hidden under "other"?

My bad. I sorta conflated it with the American debt ceiling thing, but yeah, the crisis has this leg as well.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2011, 07:25:09 AM
QuoteThe Somalian famine

:lol:

No kidding. The Somalis really have bad luck this summer. Apparently, 2000 people die there each day, but noone gives a flying fuck because there is so much happening elsewhere.

Josquius

Tsunami.
The Arab uprisings are already being forgotten whilst Fukushima still keeps popping up on the international news.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2011, 07:09:18 AM

Btw, can we carpet-bomb US cities now? I mean, when Germans elected people who brought a global disaster in 1930s, we carpet-bombed the living shit out of them, even if it meant bombing people who didn't necessarily vote for the nutcases. I think the same reasoning should apply here.
Is this a serious question?  :blink:

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2011, 07:27:01 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2011, 07:25:09 AM
QuoteThe Somalian famine

:lol:

No kidding. The Somalis really have bad luck this summer. Apparently, 2000 people die there each day, but noone gives a flying fuck because there is so much happening elsewhere.

Nobody would give a fuck even if nothing else was happening.  The Somalis have either been starving or on the verge of starving for twenty years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 09, 2011, 07:43:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2011, 07:09:18 AM

Is this a serious question?  :blink:

If it isn't, it should be.  :mad: