War After Armageddon - Plausible Scenario? The Languish Discussion.

Started by Syt, August 08, 2011, 11:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on August 08, 2011, 02:01:17 PM
The map, while by the same author, is not related to the scenario at hand.

Nope, it's from a serious article in a military magazine. And it reveals that the author is...a Timmay.  :ph34r: *Shudders*

Razgovory

It seems kinda silly to me.  I don't think "Crusader" is really part of American political language.  The sports team of the local Catholic High School is called "The Crusaders".  Though everyone just calls them Bunnies or Rabbits.  Apparently it dates back to really old cartoon called "Crusader Rabbit".

I didn't care for how "Red Army" ended.  It's rooted in the silly belief of American Conservatives that the easily fooled American people were tricked into giving up in Vietnam by the liberal media.  The case in "Red Army" is even more absurd.  The Soviets orchestrate a televised destruction of the town of Luneburg.  Their faux-German reporters blame it on NATO.  Germany quits the war the next day.  Apparently the West German government works really fast.  I was unsure how many people would have seen it as the Germans are depicted fleeing en mass from the Soviet invasion.  Not to mention that simply broadcasting it out isn't likely to pick up many viewers if they don't know what channel it's suppose to be on.  Showing on the same frequency as an established channel wouldn't work as the signals would get confused (and the people running the German channel would probably notice if the Soviets started using the same frequency to air stuff).  Finally, the Soviets were really ham fisted in their propaganda.  A mysterious broadcast with Soviet production values and weird Soviet propaganda techniques would have likely been met with suspicion, particularly when there are armies of tanks rolling through Northern Germany toward Hamburg.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

If you want a hilarious Armageddon book, try John Ringo's Last Centurion.

Spoiler:

The inept female president is Hillary Clinton.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2011, 04:44:45 PM

Spoiler:

Better yet, Orson Scott Card's Empire .  It has Hillary Clinton and George Soros.   Also the evil liberal army has giant robots and hover bikes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Siege

Spoiler:

That's the one written as a blog, right?
I thought it was pretty good.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Siege on August 08, 2011, 05:03:40 PM

Spoiler:

That's the one written as a blog, right?
I thought it was pretty good.

Admit it, you liked it because a stryker company assrapes every islam-o-tard within spitting distance.

dps

If you want a good apocolyptic war story, try The Salvation War.  It's only available on-line.

I suppose I should find it blasphemous and be offended, but it's too funny for me to take seriously enough to be offended.  A sample:  An Isreali submarine commander is killed after being tricked into nuking Tel Aviv by his traitorous communications officer.  He wakes up in Hell, which has been liberated from Satan's legions by armies lead by David Patreus (it makes sense in context) expecting to be hailed as a hero.  Instead he is informed that he is charged with "treason, crimes against humanity, 126,226 counts of murder in the 1st degree, and failure to properly file your navigation logs.  You have the right to plead guilty to these charges.  If you chose not to exercise that right, you have the right to have the crap beaten out of you until you change your mind.  You have the right to have an attorney help you write your confession.  If you can't afford an attorney, boy, are you screwed."

Razgovory

I'm trying to figure out what kind of context General Patreus liberating Hell makes sense in.

Ed Anger

Quote from: dps on August 08, 2011, 07:30:44 PM
If you want a good apocolyptic war story, try The Salvation War.  It's only available on-line.

I suppose I should find it blasphemous and be offended, but it's too funny for me to take seriously enough to be offended.  A sample:  An Isreali submarine commander is killed after being tricked into nuking Tel Aviv by his traitorous communications officer.  He wakes up in Hell, which has been liberated from Satan's legions by armies lead by David Patreus (it makes sense in context) expecting to be hailed as a hero.  Instead he is informed that he is charged with "treason, crimes against humanity, 126,226 counts of murder in the 1st degree, and failure to properly file your navigation logs.  You have the right to plead guilty to these charges.  If you chose not to exercise that right, you have the right to have the crap beaten out of you until you change your mind.  You have the right to have an attorney help you write your confession.  If you can't afford an attorney, boy, are you screwed."

OH MY GOD. My ebook reader needs that.