Britain burns - Chavs ruin civilization

Started by Tamas, August 07, 2011, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Well, Jos is going to be sad that they missed it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Brazen on August 07, 2011, 03:33:26 PM
It's spread to my home town of Enfield now. There are thousands of youths arriving with hoods and masks carrying bricks. So far they've looted a jewellers, HMV and T-Mobile and there's reports they've burned down Nandos. This is no social protest, these are imported thugs on the rob.
Yeah, but what can the authorities do?  If they clamp down on rioting, they're a pack of racist tyrants.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Brazen

I'm rather worried for my car and flat as they're all coming down the footpath through our car park between Enfield Town where the riot cops on their way to the A10 where they're attacking Cineworld and Krispy Kreme. Classy.

Scipio

It's an important gain for darkie power.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Tamas

Quote from: Brazen on August 07, 2011, 03:33:26 PM
It's spread to my home town of Enfield now. There are thousands of youths arriving with hoods and masks carrying bricks. So far they've looted a jewellers, HMV and T-Mobile and there's reports they've burned down Nandos. This is no social protest, these are imported thugs on the rob.

:wacko:

Richard Hakluyt

Sorry to hear that you are in the firing line Brazen. Isn't Enfield a rather unusual place for lowlife scum to start looting? What's going on?

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on August 07, 2011, 03:52:46 PM
I'm rather worried for my car and flat as they're all coming down the footpath through our car park between Enfield Town where the riot cops on their way to the A10 where they're attacking Cineworld and Krispy Kreme. Classy.

Oh dear, stay safe - keep indoors, if you car gets damaged don't try and intervene.

Yeah, it's kinda stupid as in no way is Enfield some inner city ghetto.

Legitimate 'community' policing issues vs opportunist bored teenagers/petty criminals/rent-a-mob.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Cecil

Quote from: mongers on August 07, 2011, 05:40:00 PM
Quote from: Brazen on August 07, 2011, 03:52:46 PM

Oh dear, stay safe - keep indoors, if you car gets damaged don't try and intervene.

Yeah, it's kinda stupid as in no way is Enfield some inner city ghetto.

Legitimate 'community' policing issues vs opportunist bored teenagers/petty criminals/rent-a-mob.  :hmm:

Dont worry our resident.....that is your resident multiculturalists will soon come around to explain that this is the fault of whitey and you should be happy that the underprivileged youths are empowering themselves.

Brazen

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 07, 2011, 05:14:57 PM
Sorry to hear that you are in the firing line Brazen. Isn't Enfield a rather unusual place for lowlife scum to start looting? What's going on?
Overheard from group of thugs, "Too many Feds in Tottenham and they've got nicer shops here."

Brazen

The groups were about 50/50 black and white, because everyone likes a 42" plasma TV. No racial element this far out in the burbs. Besides, it was 99% imported. They'd shut down Enfield Town station so my place was en route between the nearest other station and the town. Hundreds upon hundreds of thugs in hoodies and wearing balaclavas, scarves and masks streamed in from about 6pm onwards. Some were parking up in their Vauxhall Corsas and walking in so they'd have something to carry the loot home in. They'd arranged to meet down the road opposite teh staion where they kicked down front-garden walls to have bricks and other missiles to hand.

We went into town on the pretext of a pint between "bouts", but the pub was shut. We did get to see the gangs and hear their plans and get an idea of the damage. Riot police were strung out in a line across the street - helmets, shields, batons, dogs, the lot. It kicked off again literally five minutes after we returned home.

As well as the aforementioned shops, they raided a jewellers, a chemist and a sandwich shop, and rumour has it they burned out Nandos. Talk about shitting on your own doorstep, seeing as that's where today's multicultural yoof hangs out for its fried chicken. They also kicked in a police car and van and set fire to a car down the local "millionaire's row".

After I returned home I could see a string of them heading over the railway line. Following events on Twitter, they were headed out to the retail park on the A10. They threw petrol bombs at cars, raided the Tescos Extra (the one with the electronic goods and large supplies of booze, not the local one), Toys R Us and Currys electrical. There's no proof they burned down Krispy Kreme.

Coverage by the BBC and Sky was crap, they had all their reporters in Tottenham. We knew far more about what was going on from Twitter and YouTube.

All back to normal suburban civility again, but I expect it to kick off again next weekend in various bits of north London, especially as the weather's forecast to be nice. No looting in the rain.

Duque de Bragança

The UK looking more and more like France. Looting in nice areas though if not city centre.  :hmm:

Slargos

They may be white on the outside, but have no illusions: they are perfectly well integrated into the brown, multicultural sludge.

This is what you wanted, isn't it?

Congratulations.

Brazen

There was very little news coverage last night, this is probably the best report:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/07/trouble-enfield-organised

Brazen

With regard to the original crime, they keep referring to the shot bloke as a "young man". He was a 29 year old with a string of drugs offences behind him. Special officers don't turn up wielding weapons for a parking offence, they had intelligence armed crime was under way.

He had a gun in his sock, apparently, but "wasn't the sort of guy to wave a gun at a policeman," his family said. Officer's aren't supposed to shoot unless under direct threat. A "non-police issue" gun was found at the scene of the crime, but the only other bullet fired was found lodged in a police radio and it was police issue.

I said at the time if US cities rioted every time police shot dead an armed criminal, no-one would have time to do anything else.

Brazen

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 07, 2011, 05:14:57 PM
About 15 years ago, Enfield headed the league for teenage pregnancies. This is the result.

Edit: On checking my facts, it headed the league of London boroughs, not the UK, but it soared by 40% in one year.