And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2013, 09:20:24 AM
Were you serious about him making 30K?

Semi, Yes. The CFL has a 4.4 millions salary cap. Calvillo makes 1 million, average is 80k. He was hired has QB #4.

but the min salary is 45k, he probably makes that. Altho the CFL also has off season contributions since they are trying to avoid their players having dangerous off season jobs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Looks like Troy Smith is a winner tonight.  He'll have to battle hard to win in the playoffs.  Certainly much harder than he did when he was at his podunk college.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

So, the Hamilton Tiger Cats will come to Regina to play the Saskatchewan Roughriders for the Grey Cup.  A rematch of 1989.  Excellent.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on November 17, 2013, 07:30:05 PM
So, the Hamilton Tiger Cats will come to Regina to play the Saskatchewan Roughriders for the Grey Cup.  A rematch of 1989.  Excellent.

The Riders get to play the big game at home. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Some pretty boring football. 

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2013, 12:19:03 PM

:huh:

Did you watch the East final?

1 out of 2 aint bad.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 18, 2013, 12:22:15 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2013, 12:19:03 PM

:huh:

Did you watch the East final?

1 out of 2 aint bad.

You have to be a real fan to believe.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on November 18, 2013, 10:07:17 PM
Trolls gonna troll.

You have to admit the quality of football this season was pretty poor.   The NFL is now quick to take the players that show potential and so the CFL has become the de facto farm league for the NFL.

It wasnt always this way.  But now that the economics are so one sided you have to have a pretty big blind spot caused by your fandom to ignore the result.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2013, 12:07:59 PM
Trolls gonna troll.

You have to admit the quality of football this season was pretty poor.   The NFL is now quick to take the players that show potential and so the CFL has become the de facto farm league for the NFL.

It wasnt always this way.  But now that the economics are so one sided you have to have a pretty big blind spot caused by your fandom to ignore the result.

Actually, if you followed the league, you'd know that the CFL-NFL agreement that allowed players to leave midway through a CFL contract to try out for the NFL has expired.  Anyone who signs with a CFL club has to play out their full contract.

But don't let facts get in the way of your trolling.

Grey Fox

Also, why would it matter?

You enjoy NCAA bball more then the NBA, no?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2013, 12:21:59 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2013, 12:07:59 PM
Trolls gonna troll.

Actually, if you followed the league, you'd know that the CFL-NFL agreement that allowed players to leave midway through a CFL contract to try out for the NFL has expired.  Anyone who signs with a CFL club has to play out their full contract.

But don't let facts get in the way of your trolling.

That is why I used the term de facto.  It used to be both a de facto and de jure farm league for a brief time.  But now the NFL realizes it doesnt have to pay for the benefits.

Dont let facts get in the way of ignoring the what the CFL has become.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 19, 2013, 12:31:24 PM
Also, why would it matter?

You enjoy NCAA bball more then the NBA, no?

I used to be a seasons ticket holder.  And yes, now I certainly enjoy NCAA basketball and the NBA far more than the CFL along with a great many other things.