News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I wish I could trash-talk, but the 'Riders have been good, and the Bombers have been bad all season long.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

I didn't realize that the Bombers hadn't won Labour Day since 2004, but they kept banging on that all broadcast long.  I'm kind of surprise.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2013, 07:29:36 PM
Yeah.  The Riders have been really slow starters this year.  But in the second half, they're almost unstoppable.

:yeahright:

:yeah: :yeah:

Neil

I don't mind letting you have this moment.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2013, 06:42:06 PM
I don't mind letting you have this moment.

I've had so few. :(

Neil

It's been a rough year for the Bombers, but at least they didn't get swept in the rivalry series.  And their defence is strong.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2013, 11:08:36 PM
It's been a rough year for the Bombers, but at least they didn't get swept in the rivalry series.  And their defence is strong.

aka at least they're not the Eskimos.   :cool:

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2013, 11:10:46 PM

Yeah.  I've started feeling bad for the Eskimos.  Losing every single game by a few points has got to grate on a locker room.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2013, 11:23:05 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2013, 11:10:46 PM

Yeah.  I've started feeling bad for the Eskimos.  Losing every single game by a few points has got to grate on a locker room.

I mentioned I went to the Friday night game.  Giving up those two really makable field goals just sapped the life from that team, from what I could tell at the 5 yard line.*  I think that team is about to fall apart at this point, although you are right - they lost a lot of games by just a hair.

*An old newspaper buddy of my dad's, who I also know a bit, has worked his way up to being AGM of the Stamps.  Tickets were from him (but in Edmonton).  My brother and I got tickets from him last year in Calgary - best seats I've ever had.  But trying to get tickets from the Stamps for a game in Edmonton?  5 yard line.  :yucky:

Grey Fox

Bombers are moving (back) to the West.

Ahhhhh :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 13, 2013, 07:53:55 AM
Bombers are moving (back) to the West.

Ahhhhh :(

:yeah:

Bombers are playing the only team with a worse record than them this weekend.   :cool:

Neil

Makes sense for the Bombers to be back in the West anyways.  That way, they can play more rivalry games with the Riders.

You know, it's a shame that there's really no other city that could support a CFL team.  They just can't get a tenth team to even out the divisions.  Then again, it's not impossible that the new Ottawa team will fold, or that the Argos will collapse once the Bills move.

Grey Fox

If Hamilton can, everywhere can.

Halifax and Moncton. One gets expansion, the other the Argos.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 13, 2013, 11:11:58 AM
If Hamilton can, everywhere can.

Halifax and Moncton. One gets expansion, the other the Argos.

Quebec City.

Grey Fox

I don't know. QuebecC's is a College Sports town.