News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Well, I guess they've decided that everything that's happened for the last few years is pretty bad.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on August 09, 2013, 09:10:09 PM
Well, I guess they've decided that everything that's happened for the last few years is pretty bad.

Well if you follow the Bombers like I do, Bochko has been pretty bad...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2013, 09:42:46 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 09, 2013, 09:10:09 PM
Well if you follow the Bombers like I do, Bochko has been pretty bad...
I don't follow them the way you do, but I have been watching the team collapse from the status it once enjoyed as being the constant runner-up in the East to Montreal.  The Swaggerville thing was a nice blip for them, but they really haven't had consistent quarterbacking since Kevin Glenn and Khari Jones back in their glory days.  I've also noticed that they have a really quick trigger for firing head coaches, which is usually a good way to detect teams that are going nowhere.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

The Allouettes signed NFL reject Troy Smith today.  Suggs is already advocating for him to start.

Grey Fox

He could have made it in the NFL but there is simply too many new players each year to really spend any time developing someone.

Unless you are Aaron Rodgers, I guess.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

I'll be going to the game on Saturday.  One of the big problems with the CFL - with the exception of the Quarterback for the Lions I dont know who any of the players are after not paying much attention for the last two years.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 15, 2013, 10:18:05 AM
I'll be going to the game on Saturday.  One of the big problems with the CFL - with the exception of the Quarterback for the Lions I dont know who any of the players are after not paying much attention for the last two years.

That's a problem for pro-football in general.  With 50-some man rosters it's hard to keep track of any besides the biggest star players

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on August 15, 2013, 01:41:01 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 15, 2013, 10:18:05 AM

That's a problem for pro-football in general.  With 50-some man rosters it's hard to keep track of any besides the biggest star players

Naw, I know most of the players of my favourite NFL teams although I dont follow it that closlely.  The problem with the CFL is that if somone is really good - they head south.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2013, 09:05:03 PM
The Allouettes signed NFL reject Troy Smith today.  Suggs is already advocating for him to start.

I guess he gave up on on back to Ohio State for grad school.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2013, 01:52:20 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2013, 09:05:03 PM

I guess he gave up on on back to Ohio State for grad school.
Why waste his money?

Neil

Well Beeb, your boys were pretty good for two-and-a-half, but young QBs are a bitch when they have to keep up.

Barrister

The kicker is I was busy doing some errands so I only got to watch the 4th quarter. :bleeding:

Neil

Ouch.  Or maybe that's better than having them get your hopes up only to collapse?

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2013, 06:25:13 PM
Ouch.  Or maybe that's better than having them get your hopes up only to collapse?

Well I did check the score at the start of the second half, to be shocked that the Bombers were in the lead...

Neil

Yeah.  The Riders have been really slow starters this year.  But in the second half, they're almost unstoppable.