News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 29, 2013, 03:06:24 PM
Watching my first CFL game in a while (Saskatchewan vs. Edmonton).  The WRs running toward the LOS prior to the snap still bugs the hell out of me.  Wish they'd cut that shit out.

There's nothing wrong with a receiver being in motion - you're just not used to it is all.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

If that were the case, the 3 downs, field size, extra players, one point for shanking the fuck out of a FG attempt, and various other things would also bother me, but they don't. 

Wide receivers don't  need a damn head start to get by DBs.  Also, it looks super dumb when they have to "reset" because the ball wasn't snapped while they were running up there the first time.  I know they want it to be a "passing" league and all this is one way they try to accomplish that, but it's something that's always been lame as fuck about the CFL.  They do it in the AFL too, but I don't really consider that to be a particularly serious league, so who cares

E:  The Riders are murdering this Edmonton QB.  Hes eaten dirt the last...probably 6 or 8 plays in a row.  E2: Oh 22-1 now.

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 29, 2013, 03:41:30 PM
If that were the case, the 3 downs, field size, extra players, one point for shanking the fuck out of a FG attempt, and various other things would also bother me, but they don't. 

Wide receivers don't  need a damn head start to get by DBs.  Also, it looks super dumb when they have to "reset" because the ball wasn't snapped while they were running up there the first time.  I know they want it to be a "passing" league and all this is one way they try to accomplish that, but it's something that's always been lame as fuck about the CFL.  They do it in the AFL too, but I don't really consider that to be a particularly serious league, so who cares

E:  The Riders are murdering this Edmonton QB.  Hes eaten dirt the last...probably 6 or 8 plays in a row.  E2: Oh 22-1 now.

Remember - it's 3 down ball, so realistically they need to get 10 yards in 2 plays.  They need all the offense-friendly measures like wide receivers in motion to be able to keep the game moving.

Barrister

I turned the game on myself.  Thanks for suggesting / reminding me. :)

Looking at Commonwealth I think this is the year I try taking Timmy to a football game.

MadBurgerMaker

Yikes, 29-1, a turnover on the kickoff, and now Kory Sheets is just running through them.

Fake edit:  36-1.  Beatdown.

Barrister

36-4 now.  Couldn't happen to a nicer team.

MadBurgerMaker

Damn 22 got wrecked on that INT return. 

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

I wonder if the Esks are retarded, or if the Roughriders are good?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Turns out that the Roughriders are pretty good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on July 22, 2013, 05:17:06 PM

They've been kicking some ass then?

I saw bits and pieces of Calgary - Montreal a couple days ago.  Had it on in the background.  Nice comeback by SMU.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 22, 2013, 06:12:54 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 22, 2013, 05:17:06 PM
They've been kicking some ass then?

I saw bits and pieces of Calgary - Montreal a couple days ago.  Had it on in the background.  Nice comeback by SMU.
Yeah, they've blown out every team they've faced, while averaging something like 37 points per game.  The defence is shutting teams down, the QB is averaging 3 TD passes a game and the RB is averaging close to 150 yards per game.  And although they shut out the lowly Hamilton Tiger Cats last week, they've also had some real quality wins.

Come Labour Day, our Barrister is going to be sad.

Neil

It's a busy week in the CFL, what with Beed's Blue Bombers demoting their starting QB to the third-string, and the Montreal Alouettes canning their head coach.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on August 02, 2013, 07:57:05 PM
It's a busy week in the CFL, what with Beed's Blue Bombers demoting their starting QB to the third-string, and the Montreal Alouettes canning their head coach.

Yeah - that was an odd move.  Buck Pierce also didn't sound real happy about it either.

Barrister