Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 23, 2012, 01:24:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 23, 2012, 01:02:57 PM
Quote from: PDH on July 23, 2012, 01:00:53 PM
Bear in mind that NBC Sports is the channel that showed 24-hour coverage of the Tour de France and now is showing fishing...

Indeed - they must be pretty hard up for programming if they're going to show the CFL.  I mean (looking at it from a US point of view) the games are amusing enough if there's nothing else on, but the playoffs in particular run right up against NFL games in November.  Unless you're a die-hard CFL fan (and how many of those are there in the US) who is going to skip the NFL to watch CFL?
Hell, I wouldn't do that.

Traitor. :mad:

It's going to suck when the Riders curb-stomp the Bombers on Labour Day knowing you are going to gloat about it, but aren't even going to watch the game. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on July 23, 2012, 01:31:04 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 23, 2012, 01:24:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 23, 2012, 01:02:57 PM
Quote from: PDH on July 23, 2012, 01:00:53 PM
Bear in mind that NBC Sports is the channel that showed 24-hour coverage of the Tour de France and now is showing fishing...

Indeed - they must be pretty hard up for programming if they're going to show the CFL.  I mean (looking at it from a US point of view) the games are amusing enough if there's nothing else on, but the playoffs in particular run right up against NFL games in November.  Unless you're a die-hard CFL fan (and how many of those are there in the US) who is going to skip the NFL to watch CFL?
Hell, I wouldn't do that.

It's going to suck when the Riders curb-stomp the Bombers on Labour Day knowing you are going to gloat about it, but aren't even going to watch the game. :(
NFL doesn't start until the week after.  I'll probably watch the game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Unless Canadians have a different Canadian Labor Day the NFL starts the week after Labor Day.

I cannot wait to see RGIII in action is so dreamy :wub:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2012, 01:36:58 PM

Unless Canadians have a different Canadian Labor Day the NFL starts the week after Labor Day.

I cannot wait to see RGIII in action is so dreamy :wub:

Dan Snyder will suckify him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2012, 01:42:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 23, 2012, 01:37:52 PM
Dan Snyder will suckify him.

Quiet you!

He weakened the great Jeff George. How will RGIII resist Snyder taint?

Barrister

Wat's with all this Redskins talk stinking up my CFL thread. <_<

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on July 23, 2012, 01:48:37 PM
Wat's with all this Redskins talk stinking up my CFL thread. <_<

Now you how how we feel with your Captain Canada act.

Neil

Tonight's football game has some interesting plays.  A successful Hail Mary, which rarely happens, and a successful onside punt recovery, which I don't ever remember seeing before.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 26, 2012, 08:56:57 PM
Tonight's football game has some interesting plays.  A successful Hail Mary, which rarely happens, and a successful onside punt recovery, which I don't ever remember seeing before.

Yeah, kind of a wild one.  But the result is the right one.

:yeah:

Neil

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 26, 2012, 11:01:26 PM
I was satisfied.

Because I have converted you to Winnipeg sports fan-dom? :unsure:

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on July 26, 2012, 11:52:30 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 26, 2012, 11:01:26 PM
I was satisfied.

Because I have converted you to Winnipeg sports fan-dom? :unsure:
No, I have just never liked the Eskimos.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on July 27, 2012, 07:47:04 AM

Is there anything in Edmonton you do like?

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2012, 08:45:41 AM
Quote from: Neil on July 27, 2012, 07:47:04 AM
Is there anything in Edmonton you do like?
Myself.  I'm neutral on the hockey team.  I like the minimal use of the quadrant system to organize streets.