News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2014, 12:22:10 PM

One third of the CFL is community owned.  Seems kind-of different don't you think?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2014, 12:37:34 PM

One third of the CFL is community owned.  Seems kind-of different don't you think?

Yes but that doesn't matter. Both leagues have economic scheme that are of the past, is what I'm pointing out. Not that one is rich while the other is not.

I will say this differently, the CFL should aim to be like the NBA/NHL/NFL rather than a garage league.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2014, 12:56:08 PM

Yes but that doesn't matter. Both leagues have economic scheme that are of the past, is what I'm pointing out. Not that one is rich while the other is not.

I will say this differently, the CFL should aim to be like the NBA/NHL/NFL rather than a garage league.

Except that MLB DOES have revenue sharing (in the form of a luxury tax) while the CFL does not.

Valmy

What is garbage about MLB?  It is certainly no less garbage than the other three.  MLB has lots of cool stuff some of the other three do not like a massive development league and sophisticated international scouting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2014, 01:03:03 PM

What is garbage about MLB?  It is certainly no less garbage than the other three.  MLB has lots of cool stuff some of the other three do not like a massive development league and sophisticated international scouting.

NHL has multiple developmental leagues (AHL, ECHL, CHL) and sophisticated international scouting...

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2014, 12:57:09 PM

Except that MLB DOES have revenue sharing (in the form of a luxury tax) while the CFL does not.

See, now that's a good point invalidating my comparison.

Damn it.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2014, 01:03:03 PM

Nothing.

Notice I wrote garage. I think you might better know it has Beer league.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2014, 01:10:35 PM
NHL has multiple developmental leagues (AHL, ECHL, CHL) and sophisticated international scouting...

MLB has 20.  TWENTY.  And one of them is in Venezuela.

But the NBA and NFL are pretty notoriously sketchy in those areas, though this is understandable in the NFL.

Edit: Woah it seems MLB started an Australian Professional League a few years back.  So prospects and can go to Oz and play right through Northern Hemisphere Winter.  This is so obvious and so brilliant I cannot believe they only just thought of this (not the concept of winter leagues obviously but putting one in Oz).

Anyway sorry about the Lockout.  I hope for a speedy resolution to all differences.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2014, 01:13:11 PM
Notice I wrote garage. I think you might better know it has Beer league.

Well MLB does run on beer, no doubt about that.

Barrister

And the CFL season begins!!!!!11111

Ed Anger

All hail Troy Smith, hero of Canada.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Bombers good or Argos terrible?  Only time, and Labour Day, can tell.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Booyah!

45-21 baby!

I know it's only game 1 of 18, but after 3-15 I'll take any sign of hope I can find.   :cool:

Barrister

And tonight we see the first game ever for the Ottawa RedBlacks!   :cool:  There opponent is a little-known team called the Blue Bombers...

And Ed, Troy Smith was far from the hero of Canada after going 17 of 40 in a 29-8 loss.

Neil

Neat.

And yeah, Troy Smith was the same old Troy Smith.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.