News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CFL Thread

Started by Barrister, August 06, 2011, 02:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2013, 03:56:00 PM
Yep, when you try to make a case for the CFL based on talent that is pretty much what you are left with.

:ike:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2013, 04:08:47 PM
Yep, when you try to make a case for the CFL based on talent that is pretty much what you are left with.

And now you are stuck in that mode  :cry:

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2013, 04:13:57 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 19, 2013, 04:08:47 PM

And now you are stuck in that mode  :cry:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Gosh I love the Grey Cup game. :)

Randomly, Martin Short brought his celebrity buddy Tom Hanks to the game, together with their sons. :mellow:

Go Team that's not the Riders Go!

Barrister

TSN has been running promos that for the curling olympic trials they are going to have Ron Burgundy as a guest commentator. :unsure:

Neil

To quote Ron Burgundy:  "That really got out of hand."

Hamilton put up a better fight last time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2013, 03:04:45 PM
Now, tell me BB, which of those games do you think get televised?  The thing about the NCAA is that the games that are televised are usually games played by teams that have good players that have good prospects of making it to the NBA.

Bullshit plenty of games are televised where none of the players will even be drafted.  Furthermore plenty of good and great College players will never play a minute in the NBA.  I mean I have watched Texas play all their games in TV and I would be shocked if any of the players on either team in all of those games even gets significant time in the D-league.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2013, 09:53:16 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2013, 03:04:45 PM
Now, tell me BB, which of those games do you think get televised?  The thing about the NCAA is that the games that are televised are usually games played by teams that have good players that have good prospects of making it to the NBA.

Bullshit plenty of games are televised where none of the players will even be drafted.  Furthermore plenty of good and great College players will never play a minute in the NBA.  I mean I have watched Texas play all their games in TV and I would be shocked if any of the players on either team in all of those games even gets significant time in the D-league.
And Valmy necros a troll post.  :bleeding:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Necro?  That was a couple days ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2013, 12:27:10 AM
Exactly.  Dead and forgotten.

Besides, this isn't the place to talk about faggoty basketball shit.  This is the place to talk about the glorious Riders and how their championship was destined and how sad BB is.  There is no joy in Swaggerville tonight.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on November 25, 2013, 12:32:41 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2013, 12:27:10 AM
Exactly.  Dead and forgotten.

Besides, this isn't the place to talk about faggoty basketball shit.  This is the place to talk about the glorious Riders and how their championship was destined and how sad BB is.  There is no joy in Swaggerville tonight.

"Swaggerville" wasn't even playing.  All I cared about was an exciting game - which this wasn't.

Well, plus I want the banjo pickers every dream to be crushed, which obviously didn't happen. :(

Barrister

It's that time of year again - Football season is almost upon us.  Training camps start in just a few days.  :w00t:

Except, maybe they won't. :mad:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/CFLs-new-salary-cap-would-be-12-per-cent-increase-commisioner-260122941.html

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Well at least they're talking:

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=453268

But the current CBA expires midnight on Thursday...

In other news though, Chad Johnson's work permit has gone through and he's in Montreal in time for training camp.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=453335