News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Westboro Baptist Church

Started by alfred russel, August 04, 2011, 10:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Apparently they are going to picket the funerals in Norway. I'm not sure where they get their money, but the slate article about the new pickets linked to their website, www.godhatesfags.com.

I'd guess I probably got a bunch of nasty viruses by visiting the site, but it is hilarious (and I'm not sure that is unintentional). The have parodies of songs by the beatles, rick james, lady antebellum, and others. My favorite is kesha. There is a counter of how many people god has sent to hell since you first visited the site, and statistics such as the number of people killed in the flood (16 billion) and the number he saved (8).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Legbiter

They'll get stopped at the airport like those pro-life nuts were at the winter Olympics.

At least I hope so for their sake.

The funerals were ongoing when I traveled back almost a week ago. Can't imagine there's many left for them to picket and those few may be hundreds upon hundres of miles away from the Oslo airport.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Neil

They don't have freedom of speech or constitutional rights in Norway.  They'd do time for hate crimes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Legbiter

Quote from: Neil on August 04, 2011, 10:41:52 PM
They don't have freedom of speech or constitutional rights in Norway.  They'd do time for hate crimes.

Go fuck yourself.

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on August 04, 2011, 10:04:06 PM
Apparently they are going to picket the funerals in Norway. I'm not sure where they get their money, but the slate article about the new pickets linked to their website, www.godhatesfags.com.

I'd guess I probably got a bunch of nasty viruses by visiting the site, but it is hilarious (and I'm not sure that is unintentional). The have parodies of songs by the beatles, rick james, lady antebellum, and others. My favorite is kesha. There is a counter of how many people god has sent to hell since you first visited the site, and statistics such as the number of people killed in the flood (16 billion) and the number he saved (8).

I think they did more to make people take the side of gay rights than HRC and GLAAD combined. :P

And yes, they are quite funny, in a nutty way. I heard two interviews with Shirley Phelps who is the eldest daughter of Fred Phelps and she comes accross as intelligent, witty and batshit crazy. Sometimes they make me wonder if this is not all a really elaborate prank.

Martinus

Btw, have you heard their rendition of Michael Jackson's "God hates the world, God hates the children"?

Comedy gold.  :lol:

Martinus

Incidentally, it's refreshring to find someone who takes the Bible seriously and not just cherry picks the favourite parts, like Pat Robertson or Michelle Bahmann do.

Sure, they think gays should be put to death (but, importantly, they renounce any extra-judicial violence), but also people who eat shellfish or mix two fabrics. :D

CountDeMoney

Legbiter

I'm sorry Neil I didn't mean that.

Neil

Quote from: Legbiter on August 05, 2011, 05:34:50 AM
I'm sorry Neil I didn't mean that.
I accept your apology, and regret reporting you to Icelandic authorities for hate crimes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 05, 2011, 03:05:41 AM
Incidentally, it's refreshring to find someone who takes the Bible seriously and not just cherry picks the favourite parts, like Pat Robertson or Michelle Bahmann do.

Sure, they think gays should be put to death (but, importantly, they renounce any extra-judicial violence), but also people who eat shellfish or mix two fabrics. :D

What makes you think they are not cherry picking their favorite parts?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Their favorite parts are the same as his.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on August 04, 2011, 10:41:52 PM

This is what I was thinking as soon as read the article.  It would be grand if the Norwegians let them in and then arrested them and tossed them in the clink for a while.  In all likely hood they'll deny the kooks entry in the country though. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Btw, are the members of the Phelps clan the clean type of fundies or the dirty, hair-shirt type of fundies? I just thought it would be a delight to spend an entire flight from the US to Norway if they for example believed that showering more than once a week is a sin or something.

KRonn

Oh wow, these fruit cakes are actually going to Norway to demonstrate at the funerals?!    :huh:    :mad: