The News of the World scandal
0 (0%)
The London riots
0 (0%)
The Norwegian massacre
2 (5.4%)
The Arab Winter
6 (16.2%)
The death of Amy Winehouse (The Jaron option)
0 (0%)
The Somalian famine ( :yeahright: )
0 (0%)
Other (write-in)
3 (8.1%)
The year is still young, a lot of bad things can happen
9 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Grallon

Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2011, 02:35:15 PM

Heh.  Starting to balance our budget is the beginning of our fall?  Sounds good I hope we decline every year.

Talk to me again when you guys have started *raising taxes* - because that's the only way you'll be able to begin 'balancing your budget'.  So far all I see/hear about is more Voodoo Economics incantations.  Besides, balancing the budget won't help if your system continue being broken and riddled with clientelism.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: Grallon on August 09, 2011, 08:34:09 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 09, 2011, 02:35:15 PM

Heh.  Starting to balance our budget is the beginning of our fall?  Sounds good I hope we decline every year.

Talk to me again when you guys have started *raising taxes* - because that's the only way you'll be able to begin 'balancing your budget'.  So far all I see/hear about is more Voodoo Economics incantations.  Besides, balancing the budget won't help if your system continue being broken and riddled with clientelism.

G.

Talk about Projecting!  This coming from a guy who is living in the most corrupt province of Canada.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

BuddhaRhubarb

almost voted famine due to the cheeky smiley. good work :thumbsup: but went with Tsunami.
:p

11B4V

The eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera that will happen later in the year.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

The sighting of the Great Dragon Ryumyo on December 24th.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on August 10, 2011, 02:30:48 AM
+1
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on August 10, 2011, 02:30:48 AM

OK Jor-El.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)