July 2011 the hottest month ever in Austin, Texas

Started by Valmy, August 02, 2011, 07:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Santini

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 02, 2011, 10:48:34 AM
Heard on the radio that 3,500-4,000 cows croaked in Iowa from the heat.

The French sneer at your low numbers.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on August 02, 2011, 10:19:42 AM
16.4 average means half the time it's above 16.

16 is a perfect daytime high - but not an average.

It's ok for 3 in the morning more like.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Vancouver's been particularly cold this summer. My tomatos are not happy about that.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Lettow77

It's been in the 90s or 100s just about every day since I got back. It's been wonderful!

I really missed this weather. When you first get in a car, breathing is so difficult, and it feels bad.

oppressive really is a good word for it. Still, I've learned to love the lash :wub:

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

It's 107 outside, and it's almost 7 in the evening!  C'mon!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Civilized peoples don't come from places where it gets that hot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on August 02, 2011, 07:26:54 PM
Civilized peoples don't come from places where it gets that hot.

No clearly civilized people come from a land where the natives make homes out of ice.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grallon

July in Montreal - 2nd highest on record (after 1950 something).  There was a week of over 95F (with humidex) - for fucking DAYS!  I loathe summer!  Fortunately - September is less than a month away now.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Using Fahrenheit?  What the fuck, Grallon?  DeGaulle would weep to see you abandon a free Quebec so easily.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on August 02, 2011, 08:18:13 PM
Using Fahrenheit?  What the fuck, Grallon?  DeGaulle would weep to see you abandon a free Quebec so easily.

:rolleyes:

There are people here who are Celcius impaired.  Being the merciful soul that I am - I merely adjusted the values.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on August 02, 2011, 08:32:12 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 02, 2011, 08:18:13 PM
:rolleyes:

There are people here who are Celcius impaired.  Being the merciful soul that I am - I merely adjusted the values.
People who don't use Celcius are stupid.  You're too soft on idiocy.