And On The Plus Side - - The Power Of Positive Thinking.

Started by mongers, July 29, 2011, 06:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Or as I liked to call it, 'the what did you not fuck up this week thread' ?   :rolleyes:

So what went well for you this week ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Slargos

Absolutely nothing. I'm up shit creek and I forgot to bring paddles.

Well. That's not true. I merely put off ordering them. And the canoe.

I guess I'm more succintly neck deep in shit creek.

I am: The Cricket.

mongers

Quote from: Slargos on July 29, 2011, 06:51:34 PM

I guess I'm more succinctly neck deep in shit creek.

Yep, I'm not seeing a lot of positives this week.  :(

Though someone did rather unexpectedly, sort of forgave me, which was generous and partially got me out of a self-induced bleakness.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Slargos

Quote from: mongers on July 29, 2011, 06:56:42 PM

Though someone did rather unexpectedly, sort of forgave me, which was generous and partially got me out of a self-induced bleakness.

Forgiveness is so cheap, yet so important.

I still remember, with a bit of a guilty conscience, the old friend whom I had a falling out with during high school and who basically treated me like shit for several years. A few years later he called me up out of the blue and wanted to apologize for the whole deal. When I told him to fuck off he started crying, I shit you not, and pleaded with me to forgive him. It ended with me telling him to go to hell. I feel a bit bad about that, in retrospect, but frankly he was a real fucking dick so it was certainly deserved.

Probably some sort of AA deal.

But yeah, I guess it doesn't hurt to be the bigger man, eh?

Zoupa

Quote from: Slargos on July 29, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

I still remember, with a bit of a guilty conscience, the old friend whom I had a falling out with during high school and who basically treated me like shit for several years. A few years later he called me up out of the blue and wanted to apologize for the whole deal. When I told him to fuck off he started crying, I shit you not, and pleaded with me to forgive him. It ended with me telling him to go to hell. I feel a bit bad about that, in retrospect, but frankly he was a real fucking dick so it was certainly deserved.

:lol: Awesome.

Ed Anger

:)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

When I told him to fuck off he started crying, I shit you not, and pleaded with me to forgive him.

Like I told you, my contacts can get pretty irritating.  <_<

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 29, 2011, 07:12:24 PM
When I told him to fuck off he started crying, I shit you not, and pleaded with me to forgive him.

Like I told you, my contacts can get pretty irritating.  <_<

:D

Scipio

Got a new adjunct class at the local Baptist U, for the winter term.  Also, I had two child custody wins this week.

On the negative, my back is killing me, my wife is watching Dim Sum on our Roku, and I may have to drive up to Jackson tomorrow to pour Hornsby's Cider for five hours, a punishment far in excess of my many sins.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Eddie Teach

Well, as the quote from the classic film Romeo Must Die goes, "Some you win and Dim Sum you lose".

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

This last week was in the Yukon, I got to visit Mayo and Keno (places I'd never been), I got free pizza in Keno thanks to the Premier, and I've been rocking my new Jets shirt at every opportunity.

It's been a good week.  And now I fly back home tomorrow (with a 5:15am airport shuttle <_<) and get to see my son and wife.  And it's a long weekend. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on July 29, 2011, 08:04:24 PM
Got a new adjunct class at the local Baptist U, for the winter term.  Also, I had two child custody wins this week.

What are you going to do with the new kids?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017