New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism

Started by Strix, July 29, 2011, 04:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

:lol:

Whatever.

One of the recent things which made me frown upon the whole climate change movement thing was this huge-ass biomass powerplant which was built by with a huge-ass government grant in southern Hungary. They keep receiving a government grant on their upkeep. Which is nice, except that they are using that money to mow down one of the last pristine, untouched mountain woodlands of the country. Because their "biomass" is timber.

And I read that this is not alien to the United Kingdom as well, so this must be going on all over the place.

I don't deny global warming, but going all luddite over it just so the politicans have an easier time chanelling money to private pockets is insane.

Neil

No matter which unreasonable lunatic side wins, we all lose.  And it's not like there's any force on earth that can keep politicians from bilking the public.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on July 30, 2011, 02:38:03 PM
Quote from: Strix on July 30, 2011, 12:55:16 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 29, 2011, 04:46:51 PM
I'll have to look into this in six months or so.  The article is written in a style that leads me to believe that it isn't credible (overuse of the word 'alarmist', for example), but once the data has been analyzed, we might see some interesting new thinking, and models, especially from scientists who don't have a religious stake in the climate issue.

:yes:

Well yeah, except that it won't happen. There is way too much money to be made in the doomsday version of global warming. Anything that might suggest that people are not required to switch to overpriced and grossly uneffective "alternate energy sources" (eg. trees burned as "biomass") ASAP, or that it is not that important to buy the various indulgence passes, will not be advertised, nor accepted.

Uhhh, the status quo of burning lots of oil and coal has a hell of a lot more money to be made than any effort to switch to alternative fuels. Indeed, the reason there is resistance to the change is that coal and oil are a LOT more profitable and efficient sources of energy.

The idea that there is a some kind of secret cabal motivated by big business interested in making money driving the global warming issue is...well, farcical. Is it opposite day in Hungary?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ideologue

Quote from: Berkut on July 30, 2011, 09:50:17 PM
Quote from: Tamas on July 30, 2011, 02:38:03 PM
Quote from: Strix on July 30, 2011, 12:55:16 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 29, 2011, 04:46:51 PM
I'll have to look into this in six months or so.  The article is written in a style that leads me to believe that it isn't credible (overuse of the word 'alarmist', for example), but once the data has been analyzed, we might see some interesting new thinking, and models, especially from scientists who don't have a religious stake in the climate issue.

:yes:

Well yeah, except that it won't happen. There is way too much money to be made in the doomsday version of global warming. Anything that might suggest that people are not required to switch to overpriced and grossly uneffective "alternate energy sources" (eg. trees burned as "biomass") ASAP, or that it is not that important to buy the various indulgence passes, will not be advertised, nor accepted.

Uhhh, the status quo of burning lots of oil and coal has a hell of a lot more money to be made than any effort to switch to alternative fuels. Indeed, the reason there is resistance to the change is that coal and oil are a LOT more profitable and efficient sources of energy.

The idea that there is a some kind of secret cabal motivated by big business interested in making money driving the global warming issue is...well, farcical. Is it opposite day in Hungary?

Me am no Tamas, Magyar No. 1.  Me am no live in best country in Europe!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Ideologue on July 30, 2011, 11:26:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2011, 11:19:40 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 30, 2011, 10:42:56 PM

Lame. :thumbsdown:

<_<

Dude it was so lame, if I got offended over anything, it was the lack of effort you put into insulting me.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on July 31, 2011, 12:08:38 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 30, 2011, 11:26:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2011, 11:19:40 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 30, 2011, 10:42:56 PM

Lame. :thumbsdown:

<_<

Maybe next time you could try being clever. :hug:

Tough crowd.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Don't enrage him, Ide.  He has car keys, and knows how to use them.

Tamas