News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Philippines Vacation

Started by jimmy olsen, July 28, 2011, 06:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Heading back there this summer, won't get back 'till the 13th.  :cool:

Air China 126 and 179 to Manila on the 29th, Air China 180 and 125 on the way back.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Is Filipino food good?  I don't think I've ever had any. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

PM your contact info before you go Timmy.  An adopted Korean-American chick I know is going to be in Korea for six months (Osan IIRC) and I wanted to introduce you two.

She's pretty cute too.

Camerus

Hey, I was thinking of either going to Philippines or Thailand next Feb.  Where are you going / have you been to in the Philippines, Timmay?  Have you made it to Boracay?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 28, 2011, 06:17:46 PM
PM your contact info before you go Timmy.  An adopted Korean-American chick I know is going to be in Korea for six months (Osan IIRC) and I wanted to introduce you two.

She's pretty cute too.
When she gonna get here, I'm probably going to have to go home in October. It's hard to get another job out of sequence, especially with the way the government's been jerking the budget around. I'll probably have to wait for the spring semester to begin to go back.

Why only six months? What's she doing?

Warn her about the old people, if she can't speak Korean they're going to be massive xenophobic dicks and explode into tirades on how she's betrayed the Korean race. It be better of her to just pretend she's Chinese.

I'm maybe an hour to an hour and a half away from Osan so I can definitely meet her.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on July 28, 2011, 06:17:53 PM
Hey, I was thinking of either going to Philippines or Thailand next Feb.  Where are you going / have you been to in the Philippines, Timmay?  Have you made it to Boracay?
[Hipsterhat]Boracay is for the sheep. I'm heading for Palawan, the last frontier[/Hipsterhat]

1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

He he.

She's leaving here Sept 5 or 6.  Six months is some kind of weird Holt gig for ex-orphan adoptee kids.  Revist the motherland while teaching some English.

Camerus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 28, 2011, 06:26:07 PM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on July 28, 2011, 06:17:53 PM
[Hipsterhat]Boracay is for the sheep. I'm heading for Palawan, the last frontier[/Hipsterhat]

So what all is there to do there that it's worth visiting twice in the space of a year or two? I like beaches and dissolute living, but not for more than a few days.

And I don't mind being one of the sheep from time to time.  Boracay does look great in the pictures.  My interests are so esoteric for the most part compared to most people's that it's nice to just have dovetailing interests with the Common Man from time to time.  Though I suppose if I had to describe my ideal trip, it'd include some mix of museums, beaches, historical sites, and fun girls.  :hmm:

Josquius

Rather you than me.
Wouldn't fancy going there this time of year at all, already dreading Japan enough.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on July 28, 2011, 06:40:42 PM
Wouldn't fancy going there this time of year at all, already dreading Japan enough.

:huh:

Ideologue

I want to go on a Philippines Vacation.  I've seen some pretty swell documentaries.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 28, 2011, 06:42:38 PM

Its like a bazillion degrees.
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

Again?
Boo.
Check out Mongolia or Vietnam instead.
Especially Vietnam.  :cool:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 28, 2011, 06:42:38 PM

Typhoon season?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2011, 06:15:53 PM
Is Filipino food good?  I don't think I've ever had any. :hmm:

It's like a million tiny variations of rice and pork. Very greasy and tasteless.

I wasn't impressed. (had a flip gf for 3 years)