Ashley Olsen Spotted Sporting $39,000 Backpack By The Row

Started by garbon, July 27, 2011, 05:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: The Brain on July 28, 2011, 12:00:54 PM
Quote from: Pat on July 28, 2011, 11:52:52 AM

What does that even mean in this context? I don't mind paying high taxes. I'm a selfish bastard but I don't mind limiting my own wealth as long as everyone else does the same.

I'm willing to get filthy rich while everyone else is still poor. I'm prepared to be the change and you are not. I doubt your idealism.

You're coherent, and you're honest, I can appreciate that. I appreciate it a lot more than the compassionate conservatism bullshit of most the people here.

Pat

The Brain

Quote from: Pat on July 28, 2011, 12:08:54 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 28, 2011, 12:00:54 PM

What does that even mean in this context? I don't mind paying high taxes. I'm a selfish bastard but I don't mind limiting my own wealth as long as everyone else does the same.

I'm willing to get filthy rich while everyone else is still poor. I'm prepared to be the change and you are not. I doubt your idealism.

You're coherent, and you're honest, I can appreciate that. I appreciate it a lot more than the compassionate conservatism bullshit of most the people here.

:) I try never to be a jerk.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Quote from: Pat on July 28, 2011, 12:05:19 PM
I felt better after writing about that thing, you know.

Oh, I don't doubt that. For all your talk of compassion, dialogue and solidarity, you're a very despicable person.

crazy canuck

I'm forcing no-one. l2read.

What does that have to do with you not wanting to give up wealth unless everyone else is forced to do so?

If you view it as incitement it only proves me right.

How does your encouragement of Slargos to commit an atrocity prove you right? :hmm:

Neil

Quote from: Pat on July 28, 2011, 08:56:18 AM
Buying shit like that is a clear sign you have more money than you need, whereas, on the flip-side, there are a lot of people that clearly need money. Time and resources are spent on making, advertising and selling stupid shit people wouldn't buy unless they had too much money and those time and resources could be used to the benefit of normal people.
Mind you, the resources and money consumed by these sorts of luxury items are pretty much irrelevant.  What's 39k divided by 7 billion?  I suggest you quit being whiny.  Besides, using resources for the benefit of normal people isn't really a virtue.  Moreover, starving people aren't normal.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Quote from: Neil on July 28, 2011, 01:00:35 PM
Quote from: Pat on July 28, 2011, 08:56:18 AM
Buying shit like that is a clear sign you have more money than you need, whereas, on the flip-side, there are a lot of people that clearly need money. Time and resources are spent on making, advertising and selling stupid shit people wouldn't buy unless they had too much money and those time and resources could be used to the benefit of normal people.
Mind you, the resources and money consumed by these sorts of luxury items are pretty much irrelevant.  What's 39k divided by 7 billion?  I suggest you quit being whiny.  Besides, using resources for the benefit of normal people isn't really a virtue.  Moreover, starving people aren't normal.

First, it's "isn't". And yes it is.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Pat

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 28, 2011, 12:20:08 PM
I'm forcing no-one. l2read.

What does that have to do with you not wanting to give up wealth unless everyone else is forced to do so?

All laws are force. Do you wish to get rid of all laws because they are backed by force? Mind you I'm not saying 51% is always right no matter what and I'm not even saying we should get rid of private property. Hell I'm not even saying we should get rid of private property of means of production. So what exactly is your fucking problem?

If you view it as incitement it only proves me right.

How does your encouragement of Slargos to commit an atrocity prove you right? :hmm:

Killing me would be an atrocity? In this crowd I will take that as a compliment.

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 28, 2011, 12:05:37 PM
I don't mind paying high taxes. I'm a selfish bastard but I don't mind limiting my own wealth as long as everyone else does the same.

I have never understood this logic.  Michael Moore wants sick people to have cheap health care.  Warren Buffet wants teachers to be paid more.  Why don't they write a check?  If the basic premise is correct, that these outcomes are morally superior, then why do they require the coerced participation of other people?

Can't read their minds but I'm guessing that's because MM can't afford to provide health care to everyone and WB might be able to foot the bill for a short while before he runs out of money. I've said it before, structural problems need to be solved structurally, not through pointless vigilante individual action that is a piss in the ocean.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Pat on July 28, 2011, 02:09:03 PM
Killing me would be an atrocity? In this crowd I will take that as a compliment.

How did doing what happened on the weekend become just killing you?  Seems delusion isnt isolated to Norwegians.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 28, 2011, 12:05:37 PM
I don't mind paying high taxes. I'm a selfish bastard but I don't mind limiting my own wealth as long as everyone else does the same.

I have never understood this logic.  Michael Moore wants sick people to have cheap health care.  Warren Buffet wants teachers to be paid more.  Why don't they write a check?  If the basic premise is correct, that these outcomes are morally superior, then why do they require the coerced participation of other people?

Uhm this "logic" is called social contract. We do not use violence, respect someone else's property, respect other people's lives and freedoms exactly by that kind of "logic".

"If you think people shouldn't be murdered by those stronger than them, why don't you stop murdering the weaker than you, rather than insisting everyone should do that?" would be an equally idiotic question.

Pat

Quote from: Slargos on July 28, 2011, 12:17:03 PM
I felt better after writing about that thing, you know.

Oh, I don't doubt that. For all your talk of compassion, dialogue and solidarity, you're a very despicable person.

I'm probably a rather average person morally. I never claimed to be particularly moral. Do you?

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 28, 2011, 02:12:14 PM

How did doing what happened on the weekend become just killing you?  Seems delusion isnt isolated to Norwegians.

You idiot. It was in the context of his repeated wishing for me to die.

Admiral Yi

Can't read their minds but I'm guessing that's because MM can't afford to provide health care to everyone and WB might be able to foot the bill for a short while before he runs out of money. I've said it before, structural problems need to be solved structurally, not through pointless vigilante individual action that is a piss in the ocean.

That's just restating my question.  If health care for everyone is a good thing, isn't health care for one person (or however many Mike can afford) a good thing too?

Pat

Quote from: Martinus on July 28, 2011, 02:13:54 PM

"If you think people shouldn't be murdered by those stronger than them, why don't you stop murdering the weaker than you, rather than insisting everyone should do that?" would be an equally idiotic question.

Exactly! Thank you.

Slargos

Quote from: Pat on July 28, 2011, 02:14:26 PM

I'm probably a rather average person morally. I never claimed to be particularly moral. Do you?

I thought it was clear that I consider you a very immoral person.